@riot: how hard should a carry carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Janna Windforce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Suppose physical dps and magical dps were roughly equal in terms of early and late game power. Then, where would healers fall?
Somewhere close to where they were standing when they were killed, I would imagine.

ceoofdarkness

12-09-2009

Quote:
Suppose physical dps and magical dps were roughly equal in terms of early and late game power. Then, where would healers fall?
I suppose they would fall where they always do....dead on the spot b/c they are the first ones that all those equally balanced characters are going to instagib.

ceoofdarkness

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faro View Post
Somewhere close to where they were standing when they were killed, I would imagine.
Hivemind

Drggg

12-09-2009

Quote:
Given an encounter with 2 support the DPS should kill one but fall short of killing the second

Early game one on one standoff should be fairly close favoring the dps

But that is simply my arbitrary opinion

Arthas Menethil

12-09-2009

Well, a serious reply to Karrot would be that healers are greater than both early, and lower late (why you try to push and end early anyway)

Karrot

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas Menethil View Post
Well, a serious reply to Karrot would be that healers are greater than both early, and lower late (why you try to push and end early anyway)
If that were the case, then wouldn't all non-healers effectively be carries?

Drggg

12-09-2009

Quote:
No. Lower is an open ended term. How much lower the healer is to the dps is very important. At what point is it distasteful for a carry to kill healers late game. 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, 1v4. At a certain point i think this would detract from a team game and become DOTA's save all the last hits for the carry so he can auto attack over the throne.

Raistlynn

12-09-2009

I lost a game earlier that we were dominating till their tryndamere started 2shotting everyone with 1k crits... owait lets stun him............. owait LOL cleanse. Even if you try to wait out the cleanse he will prob kill you first.

ConeEtho

12-09-2009

Quote:
Exactly, that is an excellent point.

OP seems to be annoyed by the balance between physical dps and magical dps, not the absolute position of carries at all. He is just fooling himself otherwise.

The game has multiple roles, some roles, like pushing and healing are way more important early game and will always be. Others like attack damage will be more important late.

The only thing that really bugs me is the capacity from non tanks to stack HP. That should be toned down. Maybe increasing the hp gain on tank chars and decreasing hp from itens like Frozen Maul.

Drggg

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeEtho View Post
Exactly, that is an excellent point.

OP seems to be annoyed by the balance between physical dps and magical dps, not the absolute position of carries at all. He is just fooling himself otherwise.

The game has multiple roles, some roles, like pushing and healing are way more important early game and will always be. Others like attack damage will be more important late.

The only thing that really bugs me is the capacity from non tanks to stack HP. That should be toned down. Maybe increasing the hp gain on tank chars and decreasing hp from itens like Frozen Maul.
I am annoyed at the absolute power of carries it is just easier to notice the gap if i choose a specific instance. Plus I figured the power shift over time would best illustrate the arbitrary nature of weighting performance to some amount of time.