Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@riot: how hard should a carry carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faro

Recruiter

12-09-2009

Quote:
Karrot:
Suppose physical dps and magical dps were roughly equal in terms of early and late game power. Then, where would healers fall?


Somewhere close to where they were standing when they were killed, I would imagine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ceoofdarkness

Senior Member

12-09-2009

Quote:
Karrot:
Suppose physical dps and magical dps were roughly equal in terms of early and late game power. Then, where would healers fall?


I suppose they would fall where they always do....dead on the spot b/c they are the first ones that all those equally balanced characters are going to instagib.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ceoofdarkness

Senior Member

12-09-2009

Quote:
Faro:
Somewhere close to where they were standing when they were killed, I would imagine.


Hivemind


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drggg

Senior Member

12-09-2009

Quote:
Karrot:
Suppose physical dps and magical dps were roughly equal in terms of early and late game power. Then, where would healers fall?


Given an encounter with 2 support the DPS should kill one but fall short of killing the second

Early game one on one standoff should be fairly close favoring the dps

But that is simply my arbitrary opinion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthas Menethil

Recruiter

12-09-2009

Well, a serious reply to Karrot would be that healers are greater than both early, and lower late (why you try to push and end early anyway)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

Senior Member

12-09-2009

Quote:
Arthas Menethil:
Well, a serious reply to Karrot would be that healers are greater than both early, and lower late (why you try to push and end early anyway)

If that were the case, then wouldn't all non-healers effectively be carries?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drggg

Senior Member

12-09-2009

Quote:
Karrot:
If that were the case, then wouldn't all non-healers effectively be carries?


No. Lower is an open ended term. How much lower the healer is to the dps is very important. At what point is it distasteful for a carry to kill healers late game. 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, 1v4. At a certain point i think this would detract from a team game and become DOTA's save all the last hits for the carry so he can auto attack over the throne.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raistlynn

Senior Member

12-09-2009

I lost a game earlier that we were dominating till their tryndamere started 2shotting everyone with 1k crits... owait lets stun him............. owait LOL cleanse. Even if you try to wait out the cleanse he will prob kill you first.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ConeEtho

Senior Member

12-09-2009

Quote:
Karrot:
If that were the case, then wouldn't all non-healers effectively be carries?


Exactly, that is an excellent point.

OP seems to be annoyed by the balance between physical dps and magical dps, not the absolute position of carries at all. He is just fooling himself otherwise.

The game has multiple roles, some roles, like pushing and healing are way more important early game and will always be. Others like attack damage will be more important late.

The only thing that really bugs me is the capacity from non tanks to stack HP. That should be toned down. Maybe increasing the hp gain on tank chars and decreasing hp from itens like Frozen Maul.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drggg

Senior Member

12-09-2009

Quote:
ConeEtho:
Exactly, that is an excellent point.

OP seems to be annoyed by the balance between physical dps and magical dps, not the absolute position of carries at all. He is just fooling himself otherwise.

The game has multiple roles, some roles, like pushing and healing are way more important early game and will always be. Others like attack damage will be more important late.

The only thing that really bugs me is the capacity from non tanks to stack HP. That should be toned down. Maybe increasing the hp gain on tank chars and decreasing hp from itens like Frozen Maul.


I am annoyed at the absolute power of carries it is just easier to notice the gap if i choose a specific instance. Plus I figured the power shift over time would best illustrate the arbitrary nature of weighting performance to some amount of time.