@riot: how hard should a carry carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havuk

12-09-2009

I like carries, because I can then carry in solo queue.

Drggg

12-09-2009

Also the lack of a carry tag leads me further down the road of believing that Riot did not intend to implement carries.

MrScrub

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drggg View Post
I believe earlier in the beta there were posts by riot stating that you did not wish to move in the direction of DOTA as far as carries go. You wanted to move away from "super carries"

Often when there is a discussion of what is overpowered it revolves around carries and how they can abuse certain aspects of the game to fuller extent then others creating imbalance. Often the answer of top players is don't let that character farm x amount of gold or you deserve to lose.

At this point I ponder at what point does riot find it acceptable for a physical carry to outstrip others drastically in health. Lets say killing 2 players when running into a 3v1 as a point of reference.

This is not a thread to address any one specific issue. My simple question is how hard do you intend for a carry to carry.
I think it should be as much as the hero looks like he or she can lift.

PBizzle

12-09-2009

trynda carries too hard. i've been able to pull off 4v5's with him...its messed up. maybe ppl are just too noob to know wut to do against him tho who knows..

Karrot

12-09-2009

Quote:
My question is specifically whether they SHOULD carry as earlier riot stated that they wanted to move away from super carries
You can't have a game where carries don't carry.

That's kind of how a carry is defined.

Furor

12-09-2009

There aren't really any super-carries in this game. You can't 1v5 an entire team of equally skilled opponents. Carries in this game are only as good as their support. As many know, I play a pretty mean Katarina. But I can't do **** if the rest of my team sucks. That's a simple fact. This was different in DOTA. There are certain "super-carries" in DOTA that without very specific counters, could in fact destroy your entire team by themselves if they farmed out enough. But again, that simply cannot happen in LoL.

Drggg

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
You can't have a game where carries don't carry.

That's kind of how a carry is defined.

Sure you can. Just stop thinking of them as carries and think of them as DPSers.

Drggg

12-09-2009

My whole point is that there feels to be an invisible currency of power. Time.

I feel like casters start out with all of it and slowly pass it on to physical DPSers and creates a situation where either one or the other is comparativly useless. Physical DPSers shouldnt have to trade their early game power for late game dominance and vice versa with casters.

ceoofdarkness

12-09-2009

I'm pretty sure that a carry's power level needs to be.....at least >9000. If you can't see him at some point during the match, he's most likely in the hyperbolic time chamber.

Karrot

12-09-2009

Quote:
My whole point is that there feels to be an invisible currency of power. Time.

I feel like casters start out with all of it and slowly pass it on to physical DPSers and creates a situation where either one or the other is comparativly useless. Physical DPSers shouldnt have to trade their early game power for late game dominance and vice versa with casters.
Suppose physical dps and magical dps were roughly equal in terms of early and late game power. Then, where would healers fall?