Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A few questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jakzca

11-14-2010

I normally play support champions because I love being able to make my teammates the best they can be. It's really satisfying for me to see them just rockin' out and just doing their thing, hell yeah!

So, for instance with Soraka when I use infuse on a enemy and it silences them, does that work for just 'magic'-esque classes, or would that silence any champion and prevent them from using spells/abilities for 'X' duration? ( 'X' would depend on Soraka's Infuse level)

Another Soraka question when I eventually build up Soraka for level 30 would I go for Cooldown Reduction and AP?

So there's stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, immobile, and Blinds (thank you Mercury Treads description). I know quite a few classes that use these, but I don't see many sleeps (who uses this?) or Blinds (just Heimerdinger?). Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks!

Teucer753

11-14-2010

Silence works on all abilities not just stereotypical magic type of moves.

I don't play Soraka personally, but CDR is pretty standard on casters and something a lot of support focus on as well.

Now that you mention it I don't know of any sleeps in this game. I never actually noticed that in the description. As for blinds, there's also Teemo's blinding dart and summoner spell Exhaust. Corki's Phosphorous Bomb also has a hit chance reduction included in it, but it's not a 100% blind like those other moves.

SomniumProxy

11-14-2010

Sleep is something that was removed in beta and currently no champion has sleep. It's possible that a future champion may have it tho ^^

As mentioned, Teemo and Exhaust are blinds, and phosporos bomb used to be a blind but now it's just a miss chance.

As for runes - there really are many ways to go with Soraka. Wait and see what your favorite build is and how you tend to go. Both Ap/level and CDR are very good for her, so whaatever you choose, you won't be wrong (or a mix of the two, perhaps).

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-14-2010

Infuse usage depends largely on where you are in the game, and both team compositions. In laning phase Infuse is used a lot more as mana replenishment, especially if you have a heavy hitting but mana hungry champion as your lane partner. Early game it does decent damage and can be used for harassing if you're not in the need of mana (try to keep you and your lane mate over 50% or so, more if he blows through it quickly), late game it's more about the silence/trying to finish someone off at the end of a team fight.

The most effective uses for her silence (it's instant and ranged, a nice combination) are:
1) Cancelling an enemy champion's channel. Fiddlesticks' ultimate requires a 3s channel before teleporting to do massive aoe damage; silencing him during the channel stops his ultimate while wasting his cooldown. Galio's taunt is another example; he channels an aoe taunt centered on him, silencing him from a distance will let your team get out or hit the squishies like they wanted to.
2) Preventing a champion from using an ability that requires close range, and you know is coming. (Rammus has a close range single target taunt, Garen's ultimate is a close range execution move that does damage based on the amount of health they have missing, something like 1 damage for every 3 health missing.)