Who should I stick with, Garren or Mordekaiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morthvargr

11-14-2010

I love tank classes, and my first character was Garren, who I bought as I loved him so much. I have played him and Kassadin exclusively for the whole, maybe three weeks now that I have been playing. Lately I have been getting my ASS handed to me by Mordekaiser. He seems to have every quality I adore in a highly aggressive, killing tank, but some of the guides I have read lead me to think that Garren is ultimately the better character.

What does the community think?

My personal goals are: To be viable in 1v1, but better as a team element. I want people to boss me around and tell me what to do.

I also love to kill (but then, who doesn't).

Which is, in your opinion, the character you would rather see on your team: Mordekaiser, or Garren. And, if you don't mind explaining, why?

Thank you LoL community!!!

<3

~M

FreshPrinceOfNA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2010

You should pick garen cuz hes Op and hes still banned in every ranked game cuz of it. Also his ulti is instant kill unlike mordes ulti which deals damage each second.

JustKitting

11-14-2010

This is a tough question to answer but imho mordekaiser can be very fun to play. I would at least recommend buying him and trying him out because of the fact that if you ever get into ranked games you will find it almost impossible to play as a garen as he is the FotM atm.

If you enjoy playing garen then stay with him though, so what if some1 beats you in a game they are both able to carry a team and can be very entertaining to play.

as for the character i would like to see on my team i cannot honestly say. They are both able to carry a team if they are good and can both fail if they are bad. A mordekaiser is more complex than a garen is and can be hard to play against a team that knows how to counter while a garen is harder to shut down.

If your up for a new challenge on a character that you could easily love or hate go to mordekaiser but if your just in it for the fun stick with who you like the most.

fooolishfool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2010

Morde and Garen fill generally similar roles (as an off-tank, someone who builds tank items and deals a bit of damage naturally but doesn't have the proper tools to initiate like a "real" tank), but they do it in different ways. Garen is really very strong in a duo lane (probably the strongest duo-laner in the game), is a beast early, and becomes very hard to kill later on, while still having the ability to do a chunk of damage to one person with his ult. Morde is much more suited to a solo-lane (he is one of the stronger 1v2 laners in the game), is pretty strong mid-game, but at times tapers off towards the end, with most of his utility coming from getting an ult ghost - which generally requires a teamfight. Garen is stronger when completely on his own/1v1, morde benefits a lot from having a creep wave / a few enemies to charge his shield from. Also, morde farms better than Garen (for similar reasons).

So, basically, either Garen or Morde fit nicely into your team if you already have a tank/carry/caster/support and just need the beefy 5th dude, and Garen is ideal if that person is going to go in the duo lane, or morde if it is going to be the solo lane.