An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Explorer Ezreal

The Prodigal Explorer

05-08-2013
21 of 41 Riot Posts

When I noticed the similarities between the Demacian stained glass and the Noxian statue, I had to know more. I pulled as many books as I could out of the library at Piltover's academy. There are some sections there restricted to everyone but academy graduates. I could have gotten in on my own, but I didn't want to burn any bridges, so I had Jayce help me out. Everyone loves that guy.

The smaller one is a book of Noxian war poems. Most of what's inside is standard Noxian military fare, but the blade on the cover captured my attention.

The big one right here is an old book of fables and stories. Not all of them are entirely true, but one of them caught my eye. The character in the story is an arrogant general leading his warriors into battle and winning with ease. He has the last of his enemies cornered, but… you know what they say about pride before a fall.

A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”

Yfrappefort

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
Uh oh.

Don't pay any attention to that sketch of me and whoever that is, it's not important. I didn't mean to leave it out.

I'll just… put it away.
He really did put it away...or at least it's under something bigger now.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-08-2013

Quote:
I had a friend help me out with a bit of a distraction. Too easy.

I can put it back when I'm done with it.
Didju happen to get a picture with that Demacian friend?

KrazzyFlames

05-08-2013

A new mysterious and epic looking champ (so far)? You have gained my interest in the lore of this champ for the first time ever. I can't wait to see who this ancient champion is!

Lilkey

05-08-2013

So im looking at that magnifying glass... the image its enlarging looks like a hooded summoner in front of this thing, kinda cool.

Gentleman Thief

05-08-2013

Quote:
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/statue.jpg]news/April_2013/post/statue_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

This statuette is from Noxus.

Yes, Noxus. You know how I feel about Noxians, but their city is full of history. It'll take more than dark magic, guards with massive axes, and a creepy bird guy to keep ME from exploring the most important places in Valoran.

Noxus is full of these kinds of statuettes. Usually, they're made as tributes to the nation's greatest heroes, but this one doesn't look like any Noxian war hero I've ever heard of. I know of plenty, too, believe me: pick up any Noxian book and it's probably a way-too-lengthy chronicle of some hero's life, conquests, and the size of their weapon. I wouldn't have looked twice at this one if I hadn't recognized the figure.

Here's the thing that's really nagging me… what's Noxus doing with statues of a figure that shows up in Demacian art, too?
An intriguing question, but I'm more interested in the book on the bottom-left; the text might shed a bit of light on the mystery.

Comedian

05-08-2013

EZREAL, the man you talked to previously was right.. This IS the abomination that slayed Tryndamere's village.. I myself am an experienced summoner, so I thought of summoning something I did not know about.. this evil being appeared before me, I think his sword was alive too. I aslo remember him muttering something about the "Blade of the ruined king". He attempted to strike me so I sent him back to were he came from..

Zerglinator

05-08-2013

Quote:
A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”
...support?

RawrGamer3496

05-08-2013

Oooo, another Void based champion maybe? :P

Westlin

05-08-2013

Obviously its the Heimerdinger rework.