An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3Comedian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Why do you even HAVE those things ez. They belong in a museum!

JuniorVarsity

05-08-2013

The necromancer that created Hecarim. Now regretting his decision and realizing what he's done, he's hunting Hecarim with the jagged blade, being the only weapon that could finally send Hecarim back to the netherworld.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Here's what gets me: The tablet, between the book and the dagger, clearly shows the figure in a guardian-esque pose in front of a hamlet of some kind. The figure is defending that place. It's quite different from all the other imagery on the table in this regard. Whatever this creature is, I don't think it is inherently evil.

buzzsawjones

05-08-2013

galios none manmade brother?

Ez the shattered

05-08-2013

Have you asked Annies parents? They seem quite knowledgeable aswell!

TheSousChef

05-08-2013

Advanced in technology and you still use a gas lamp?

Arbaal

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
What makes you say that? Big guy with a sword...?

Tryndamere's not the most... approachable guy. There's a lot going on in the Freljord right now, too. I'm not sure he has the patience for my questions.
Oh im sure he would if you told him "a mysterious figure with a huge swotd has popped up" he'd come a running.

Vladrin1

05-08-2013

Its Galio

Tadrin

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/statue.jpg]news/April_2013/post/statue_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

This statuette is from Noxus.

Yes, Noxus. You know how I feel about Noxians, but their city is full of history. It'll take more than dark magic, guards with massive axes, and a creepy bird guy to keep ME from exploring the most important places in Valoran.

Noxus is full of these kinds of statuettes. Usually, they're made as tributes to the nation's greatest heroes, but this one doesn't look like any Noxian war hero I've ever heard of. I know of plenty, too, believe me: pick up any Noxian book and it's probably a way-too-lengthy chronicle of some hero's life, conquests, and the size of their weapon. I wouldn't have looked twice at this one if I hadn't recognized the figure.

Here's the thing that's really nagging me… what's Noxus doing with statues of a figure that shows up in Demacian art, too?
Ezreal,

You say "usually" of their heros. But if we are finding this portrait placed in a Demancian location too perhaps he isn't a hero of Noxus. I have an eerie feeling that whoever this figure was he had a large effect on both nations.

Either he was an overlord from ages ago, (This is what my gut is leading me to believe) or perhaps less likely, a great Demancian warrior.

Overlord would make sense seeing how he appears to be immortalized in both cases.

Demancian warrior perhaps because in the window he appears more heroic while in the statue I see him as more of a villain.

Summoner Tadrin

Daharahj

05-08-2013

This feels so wrong...

A fictional character shouldn't directly communicate with its readers unless it's a childs story for playschoolers.

Especially not with the people who created the history.

Fantasy should be kept in its world. Quinn's journals were a good example of this. This is not good for the lore.