An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiSkillshot

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Pete View Post
DEAL WlTH IT SON.

Tytykiller

05-08-2013

Dear Ezreal,
Zilean is the master of time, so why not contact him about the matter and ask if he can see into the matter of this suspicious being?

From,
Mike, from Bandle City

Aedhrus

05-08-2013

Well, from what our Explorer has gathered until now, we can draw the line on one thing :
He is present whenever a fight occurs where one army has overwhelming odds. But... why?
And more importantly, why didn't he interfere in the Noxian attack on Ionia?
And the bloodthirst the soldiers are said to be having when he's around... is he the cause or is he drawn to it?

Sie Toten

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/books.jpg]news/April_2013/post/books_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/April_2013/post/ancientbook.jpg]news/April_2013/post/ancientbook_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

When I noticed the similarities between the Demacian stained glass and the Noxian statue, I had to know more. I pulled as many books as I could out of the library at Piltover's academy. There are some sections there restricted to everyone but academy graduates. I could have gotten in on my own, but I didn't want to burn any bridges, so I had Jayce help me out. Everyone loves that guy.

The smaller one is a book of Noxian war poems. Most of what's inside is standard Noxian military fare, but the blade on the cover captured my attention.

The big one right here is an old book of fables and stories. Not all of them are entirely true, but one of them caught my eye. The character in the story is an arrogant general leading his warriors into battle and winning with ease. He has the last of his enemies cornered, but… you know what they say about pride before a fall.

A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”

He sounds like a necromancer, I wonder if yorick would have anything to say about this mysterious person, I am sure yorick is very lonely and would love to talk to someone

PutThtCookieDown

05-08-2013

Nocturne's dad obviously.

SometimeIdo

05-08-2013

Must be Khazix dad...i wonder

Deafiler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimeIdo View Post
Must be Khazix dad...i wonder
You mean Kog'Maw's dad.

Jarvan ÍV

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
ZLB is my favorite. Ezreal, I do not think you waste your time, but be careful... you never know what can happen while your attention is drawn to one flashy figure...
I was hoping for an update from Ezreal...
You fooled me.

Namikaza

05-08-2013

For the purpose of this analysis I'm going to assume the warrior is male because of the evidence I have.
Clearly this figure has been around for a long time so we know he is probably on of the following:
1. Immortal / Does not age / Mechanical / Magical
2. Is not one person but multiple people over time

Scenario 1:
1 present us with the idea of the figure being a entity. The figure would most likely not be human as he seems to have been around since the beginning and assuming humans have not been around that long. The figure could also be very old human with powerful magic but given he seems more like a warrior than a mage that is unlikely.

A few possible causes could be:
a. It is a god or demi god.
b. Not biologically living therefore unaffected by age. Could be ancient technology or magic, like sentient golems or machines he was left over from a war that wiped out the previous life on Runeterra.
c. An advance being. Could be a advance being, that is not restrained by our type of genetic makeup. Such as a being of pure magic, like Xerath.
d. An entity acting out a gods will, perhaps a greater being that resides outside of our understanding summons him to carry out his will to affect the future of Runeterra.

Scenario 2:
This scenario probably means this is a hidden society which creates or trains one of these warriors which is sort of a guardian of Runeterra but acts behind the scenes.

Other analysis:
The fact that we know very little of this warrior that has been persistent throughout Runeterra's history means that something significant has happened to him in relatively recent times as it seems previously we had much knowledge of his existence as he was very well known. This is clear because there were vases and coins depicted with symbols directly related to him, such as there are symbols today represent part of our countries heritage or history.

I'll edit this and post more as I think of more.

AntiSkillshot

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedhrus View Post
Well, from what our Explorer has gathered until now, we can draw the line on one thing :
He is present whenever a fight occurs where one army has overwhelming odds. But... why?
And more importantly, why didn't he interfere in the Noxian attack on Ionia?
And the bloodthirst the soldiers are said to be having when he's around... is he the cause or is he drawn to it?
Who says he didn't assist in that? After all, there is a piece of wood with this figure, drawn in blood that was found in Ionia, a place of peace and wisdom...

On a less "official lore" side of things... I wonder if my race, the Crystalline, know anything of this... demon.

Quote:
c. An advance being. Could be a advance being, that is not restrained by our type of genetic makeup. Such as a being of pure magic, like Xerath
Reading that... made me feel... odd...