An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salty Coffee

05-08-2013

Attachment 680540

Lux? All I see is taric

OUTRAGEOUS!

Dr Cat

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaun Lab Bot View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/ez-lux-separate.jpg]news/April_2013/post/ez-lux-separate_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Well, I was way off.

matrinox

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCriminale View Post
So is the new champ the black guy? This innuendo and mystery doesn't do anything for me.
Most uncreative person NA

airaze

05-08-2013

Turret rework....boss

Ticking Death

05-08-2013

Ezreal,

I understand that Malzahar had visited Icathia at the beckon of something from the Void. There were statues of dark, horrific gods in Icathia, which seem to be connected to the statuettes that and other artwork that you've found. Icathia has been in Runeterric history since ancient times, making it potentially old enough to have connections to this figure that you've come across. Icathia might have been the first location that this dark figure visited. Is it possible that, with Icathia's connections to the Void, this dark figure comes from the Void itself? The Void is said to harbor entities that seek to find their way into other worlds. And all of these creatures seek to consume something: Kha'Zix seeks to consume the most promising creatures of the land and absorb their strength; Cho'Gath feeds even his predators to grow in size and use their souls to feed the Void; And Kog'Maw hungers eternally. Perhaps this dark figure seeks to feed on blood, or even death itself. He does not stay long enough to be heralded as a hero and seems to appear only when battles call for great bloodshed. He, like many creatures of Void, appear to seek to satisfy a hunger within themselves.

There may only be one living person to have seen this entity, however. Lissandra, the leader of the Frostguard, was defeated centuries ago by "ancient warriors". The Frostguard were powerful and Lissandra was unstoppable. Perhaps this dark figure appeared in that crucial battle in Freljord all those years ago, turning the tide of battle and feeding to his satisfaction. It would be rather... difficult.... to visit Lissandra, let alone live after meeting her. But, is there someone who might have more knowledge about her demise? I'm certain that Jayce, or an alumnus of the Piltover Academy, could help you get more information from the library. Perhaps Lissandra is the key to understanding who this dark figure is.

And finally, a question for you. The image of the figure in the book from the Piltover library - does the gauntlet or amulet on the arm of the figure look anything like the one you found in the Shurima Desert? If it does, getting more information about your amulet might answer a few questions for you.

Best of luck to you, Prodigal Explorer!

AntiSkillshot

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIZZ901 View Post
Ezreal I think you should consult Nasus on this matter. He is the curator of the sands and quite old. Perhaps there lies some knowledge from his vast library that could shed some light on this.
Nasus' library is in another world...

lolowntlol

05-08-2013

better nerf irelia

King Rhiot

05-08-2013

Ezreal,

I'm sure you're getting plenty of messages and letters and all sorts concerning your findings, however hopefully this will meet your attention. One thing that we can be certain of is that this figure EXISTS. it is no religion or theory or belief of a figure that some have claimed to see in dreams. The consistancy is too strong, I'm sure you've noticed that yourself.

I believe him to be a sort of immortal, and considering this, I would reccomend getting Kayle and Morganna's opinions on this, as Angels and Demons are more or less the same, differentiated only by context. It's possible it could be a creature of some nature, but what we can surely assume, is this is a being native to Runeterra, existing since long before the Rune Wars, and on that note, perhaps also ask Maokai, another being of this world. Or perhaps Malphite, considering his nature, may be able to tell us something about the statue itself, if discovered. Perhaps the elder the being, the wiser they may be on the subject.

One thing I've learned from all the stories, adventures, and legends that I've heard, seen, told, and experienced, is that once something like this makes it to the public eye, so too, does the being itself. Best of luck, Ezreal, I pray that some light be shed on this issue soon.

-King Rhiot

Cptrussia

05-08-2013

Ezreal - have you had a chance to to look around Mt Taragon? I get a funny feeling from it...

Reichsmann

05-08-2013

Has anyone else felt that this dark figure may be connected with Kayle/Morgana's race? Their world is considered far away and has an ancient war going on as far as we know. Ashram did mysteriously disappear after all.

...who knows, Nasus or Renekton might know something as well.