An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am FeMan

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIZZ901 View Post
Ezreal I think you should consult Nasus on this matter. He is the curator of the sands and quite old. Perhaps there lies some knowledge from his vast library that could shed some light on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 10th Dentist View Post
Ezreal, here's a thought. If this figure has been able to span throughout the history of Runeterra in all its various regions, perhaps he has visited other worlds as well. You should ask Nasus if he can recall anything from his library about this figure or any similar markings.
And for everyone who said Nasus is from another world, I say: That's the point! If he has similar legends then it points to a being that is not from either world but can travel between worlds.

CommittedCorpse

05-08-2013

Is it possible that this is Mordeekaiser before he was bound to his armor as a prison?
In his first bio, the quote was
"The common perception is that the encompassing armor protects him, I fear that – for the fragile time being – it actually protects us."
―Rozuel Fecirem, Arch Adjudicator, noted in Mordekaiser's eligibility evaluation"

His most current bio reads,
"Mordekaiser is feared for his grim manipulation of pain –both his own, and that of others."
Perhaps the priest in the drawing is sacrificing someone to Mordekaiser to stop the plague or some disease (It's mentioned that he carries a disease of some kind, so maybe he could stop it), or it could that the priest is trying to bound him to the armor.

Both Mordekaiser and this demon of some kind have similar helmets, adding more evidence that the demon is Mordekaiser.

Keikomatsui

05-08-2013

Now we go from the Three Sisters to this!
Riot, way to step it up. I'm very pleased.

tbagchamp

05-08-2013

Could Ryze's indestructible scroll be connected? Might be worth asking, his eclectic knowledge of magic in Runeterra might provide another path to follow at least.

Ahrtimmer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Simply a hypothesis, but the dark figure could be an Avatar, the living embodiment of some principle or aspect of life or nature. Avatars are a sort of demigod if you will, and immortal being who is drawn to certain situations to fulfill their roll and who simply do not exist when they are not required.

I suspect this is either the Avatar of Battle, the Avatar of War, or the Avatar of Victory; and I strongly suspect the latter.

An Avatar of Victory would be drawn to to a battle like moths to a flame, where entire armies of people all cry out for that same thing. However, as a battle draws to a close and the slaughter begins the losing side rarely need to think about victory as they have already achieved it in their minds, on the other hand, the losing party continues to hope for some miracle to bring them victory, and the Avatar has reason to intervene. When Victory itself sides against you, the battle is already lost.

Additionally, prayer or worship of an Avatar has long been an aspect of many religions: Why bother a busy god with your request when there is another entity with a much more specific focus related to your needs.

I suggest a venture to Mount Targon, while it's people currently don't consider defeat and thus need no help from victory, I suspect such a war loving place would hold another piece to this puzzle.
Perhaps an in-explainable defeat at the hands of our dark figure marrs the otherwise clean record of the peerless Rakkor.

I return to my study until the League calls me again.
-Ahrtimmer

AzureSkyVII

05-08-2013

Malzahar's sword

Selric

05-08-2013

Ezreal,

I looked up those runes that were posted - the ones from Rin's sketch. The exact translation is "be(oh)waere", which..well, 'beware'. They are similar to Anglian runes, also called "futhork". They differ from place to place, but this is the only book I have on hand at the moment with runes in it.

Given that he tends to appear and lead people to victory, but at great cost, I'd wager it is some sort of malevolent spirit or demon - something that offers victory yet demands something terrible of those who treat with him. The wings lead credence to that theory, at least, and the supplicants of the statue: an offering in exchange for favor.

If I had to guess, the being must not have some sort of a specialized and elaborate summoning process (else, how could the ritual be spread far and wide across Runeterra?) and it seems to only appear during cases of dire need, where defeat for one side is almost certain. This means that either it requires that back-against-the-wall mentality to treat with him, or whatever he demands in exchange for his services is so great that only those in such a position are willing to accept.

Personally...it looks like some sort of wicked angel, similar to Kayle or Morgana. If nothing else this is a being who has been summoned at least once by the ancestors of people in each of the lands, and Runeterra is not exactly a land with a history of sunshine and kittens. But I do have to wonder, given that Shiruma is far older than the rest of the current nations, whether this is a Void being or not.

Regards,
Selric of Nathikal

Gadesa

05-08-2013

Its might be a corrupted person getting powers from the Void like Malzahar that turned into a demon or another creature from the Void.

LifesHope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

its illidan from WoW duh

Lord Kamina

05-08-2013

I'm sort of curious as to what the runes on Shurima Desert Zilean's chair mean...