An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutorMitsuru

05-08-2013

I think Garen found Ezreal.
Rest in peace, Ezreal.
You will never be forgotten. 3:

AJL

05-08-2013

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock,

You seek the answers,
only experience will do,
when it comes to time.

Memories do not survive,
history is always unclear,
patterns persist though.

Help is what you need,
A man of both past and present,
Zilean is hope.

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

ragegoblin

05-08-2013

New herald of the void maybe?

ViolencePuppy

05-08-2013

Bob

VileAndraz

05-08-2013

Ezreal, I think certain barbarian king could give you some answers....

BremerdanGorst

05-08-2013

Clearly, we are witnessing Riot's response to GD's demands for a tsundere champ.

Delnoir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaun Lab Bot View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/ez-lux-separate.jpg]news/April_2013/post/ez-lux-separate_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Let the shipping commence.

Eboreo

05-08-2013

Id like to believe it's the ruined king too. That's such a good guess!

Conspiracy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

So from what I have gathered we have a dark mysterious figure who appears in the midst of battle and turns the tide in a devastating way.

He accepts sacrifices or payment of bones as evidenced by the dagger and ancient drawing.

You will note that in every artistic depiction of this figure is slightly different: Noxious has a much burlier figure with jagged wings, Ionia's is sleeker in a more "regal" pose, and Demacia's is that of a calmer, more collected almost angelic being. Perhaps this is simply a result of artistic interpretation, but perhaps it is something more.

The ancient drawing has two men at what appears to be an altar. While one man is making an offering the other is overlooking: Is it a priest? Is it another patron? What is on the strange staff he appears to be carrying: a skull?

The final piece of note are the coins. In many cultures coins depict the visage or symbol of great leaders or symbols of their culture. It is interesting that these coins came into Twisted Fate's (or perhaps Graves') posession, as it means it is likely they touched many more hands prior to this. Coins aren't always used of currency. Sometimes they are used as tokens to grant favor, or grant respite- I should certainly think if a dark force was bearing down upon me I would like something to curry it's favor.

And finally of the figure itself:

Is it sentient? Is it ensuring a specific side wins? Does it care? Is it summoned or does it appear of its own will?

and most imporantly

When will the League of Legends enslave him and force him to do our bidding like we have with every other force of nature in Runeterra.

EDIT: And what does this have to do with the demonstones?

http://leagueofreplays.com/redtracke...ng=EN#37536221

ThePatheticPyro

05-08-2013

I got a feeling its a new champion and an other Massive update in the future maybe a even more lore about the rune wars i always like story in a game it just gives more to the game :3