Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An ancient mystery in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kostia

05-08-2013

Ask ryze, he's from Runaterra after all, isn't he ?

Divenity

05-08-2013

Quote:
Sizmic:
I think its funny how red post as if they don't know what is coming.

It's called Roleplaying dude.

Reyez

05-08-2013

How about asking Kayle or Morgana, The sword and the wings are both reminiscent of those two.

Restiur1

05-08-2013

Well this thread it's already dead

Laiquende

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:

Hey, everyone. Ezreal here.

Normally, I wouldn't ask for help. I've come across a lot of interesting relics in my travels, but never anything like these.

I've gathered everything on my desk for all of you to take a look. The important thing is that these relics were found all over Runeterra, and they date from different and completely unconnected eras. The thing is… they all share one similarity: they show a dark figure, clearly inhuman, wielding a jagged blade.

This is a mystery I'm not sure I want solved. From what I can gather so far, this dark figure has been at the center of many bloody conflicts and tales of war.

What do you think? Who is this figure, and what role has he played in Runeterra's history?

Oh, and if you really want to hear some of the stories about these things… I'll tell them, but some of them aren't pretty.

Dear Ezreal,
I was simply fascinated by such a collection of items, and all seemingly related to that misterious winged figure. You will excuse me for not revealing from where I am writing these lines, I would hate if Valoran politics end up mixed in what I feel is a purely historical discovery, for this mystery, I am just a fellow Runeterra's history researcher, a scholar of sorts. Also, please forgive me for not sending this text in a more private way, as I could not find your adress anywhere.

Let's get to business shall we?

All the objects you borrowed, seem to reflect that this mytical figure was known in the more civilized kingdoms of Valoran. But it would seem no one today has knowledge of it ( he?, she?), or maybe the knowledge is hidden. The vase, is an obvious sign that even ancient civilizations that are now gone knew about this being. But without a way to analyze the Demacian window pane and the Noxian statue we cannot set a date in these nation histories, which would at least give us a time frame to analyze, although we could propose that the knowledge of this being was lost at the early existence of these nations, as quite a time should pass to obscure the knowledge, as it appears in so many different civilizations. The fact that coins were branded with this symbol may point out that there was a whole civilization around this figure.

A first overview shows that we are seeing images (adapted to different particularities of each kingdom). A blue winged humanoid with a curved weapon, and some of the depictions of this mytical being are clearly represent that at some time he was worshipped ( as a beining or as an evil figure? there is not enough information, but maybe he is related to the beings we known as Morgana and Kayle). Something remarkably is that both drawings depict the worship occurring in high places or near them, probably a mountain ( or at the feet of mountains) or more likely a mountain chain ridge, as one of the images display more than one. The foot of the great barrier would fit, considering the relics you found but any other mountain ridge could also fit ( especially considering de Freljord dagger)

This being is probably is related to war, seeing as he is always seein as wielding a curve sword, or being represented by it. This sword it's maybe an extendable one ( if we would believe it is related to Jarvan´s lance) other possible option could be a chain sword, where the chains links have been replaced for fragments of swords ( related to Riven's?). The fables text points out that men were turned to something else ( or maybe they were just inspired?), after being guided by this being and were led to victory against overwhelming forces.

Although... maybe... I've been refering to just one being, but maybe there was many individuals like this ( which could be a hint shown in the Shurima vase), although not a whole race, this group could have traveled far across valoran, and that is why there are so many represenations

So time for some conclusions ( and a short summary), although there are certainly more questions that answers...

He/she/it was a being ( or a group of beings) from ancient times, before well known at the time of Shurima's fall an for many years after. And it/she/he was worshipped in high places as a war or war related being. Maybe he was a forgotten god, or a human who was exalted in stories with time. If so, I suggest to check among Pantheon people, at Mount Targon. Being as devouted to war as they are, it would not be strange for them to have any records ( do they keep them?) concerning this being.

I look foward to your answer,

Laiquende, scholar of sorts

ExecutorMitsuru

05-08-2013

Ezreal, come back.
We miss you.
You haven't answered my question yet!
When are you having the wedding?
Don't be shy, we won't bite.
Most of the time. :3

Judge Arcadia

05-08-2013

Quote:
Ur Nerd:
http://imgur.com/a/eD1Hx

Enough said.

All credits for this to: 'Paah' from Reddit

EDIT: This shows a comparison of the Freljord images with our 'mystery guest', what do you guys think?

EDIT 2: Not saying he's a watcher, just that Freljord is involved.

Of course Freljord is involved, all of Runeterra has been involved. That was pointed out by Ezreal here, the only thing not touch on was if out Dark Figure here has gone to Mt. Targon.

But I suspect that he never aided them as they deliberately fought in battles where they were outnumbered and still slaughtered their opposition. As hinted at, our new War God here only helps the side that was losing and getting slaughtered.

ApeJunkie

05-08-2013

I think this has to do with Ares, God of War. Think about it, a dark figure that has the power to change the tide of war. Also he is being worshiped like a GOD, and Ares is often depicted like this. They has already been a couple of rumors out there that we are going to Mount Targon, and i think the God of War would fit right in that setting. What do you think Ezreal?

Tortferngatr

05-08-2013

Quote:
Ransom:
That stained glass window gives me the creeps. I have to wonder why on Runeterra Demacians would want to commemorate something so ... unseemly. Not very Demacian.

Durand confirmed as good-guy undead Demacian revenant champion.

Romulus83

05-08-2013

Maybe a descendent of Kayle/Morgana, or even a type of Gargoyle ala Galio