An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wrath Of Ytar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/ez-desk.jpg]news/April_2013/post/ez-desk_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Hey, everyone. Ezreal here.

Normally, I wouldn't ask for help. I've come across a lot of interesting relics in my travels, but never anything like these.

I've gathered everything on my desk for all of you to take a look. The important thing is that these relics were found all over Runeterra, and they date from different and completely unconnected eras. The thing is… they all share one similarity: they show a dark figure, clearly inhuman, wielding a jagged blade.

This is a mystery I'm not sure I want solved. From what I can gather so far, this dark figure has been at the center of many bloody conflicts and tales of war.

What do you think? Who is this figure, and what role has he played in Runeterra's history?

Oh, and if you really want to hear some of the stories about these things… I'll tell them, but some of them aren't pretty.
Lissandra's master.

O Pumpkin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutonic Lotus View Post
It's terrorblade.
Terorrblade confirmed for next dota 2 hero.

DUNK Knowles

05-08-2013

From the hints ez has given us.

- From the void, shown by his appearance a few quotes from ezreal (which i cant be bothered finding) and by the fact hes been everywhere is every different history, things that happened ages apart from each other.
- Not from freljord, may not seem it, but riot is done, ezreal even said he didnt think this thing came from the howling abyss.
- He hasnt appeared in any of the very recent cities (so zaun bandle city and piltover) which means he probs hasnt shown himself recently to civilisation.

Might pay to look towards either Galio or Kassadin/Malzahar.......

iPandaBelly

05-08-2013

Well, if it's appearing in both Noxus and Demacia, could the two have been one union/state at one point in time? This figure may have been a deity or worshiped leader of the joined Noxus/Demacia. Demacia's always talking about light, right? Well, this figure seems to be just the opposite of that and might be the "dark" to Demacia's "light". (Just a thought.)

PcTriumph

05-08-2013

It seems Kog'Maw's "Daddy" is coming to Runeterra once again...

NoxusLogic

05-08-2013

this is awesome

iEsoteric

05-08-2013

sweet job, Riot! loving the new lore stuff

Zutus

05-08-2013

HI

JewThunder

05-08-2013

something with kayle and morgana... shhmaybe?

Chezbayou

05-08-2013

This seems more ancient then most of the leagues current champions, but some might have seen this symbol before. It seems to be a being who's power is similar to some we have seen before, lingering on the edge of destruction losing all sense of one's self and destroying one's opponent completely. That isn't the actions of a hero it's the actions of a being who thrives on the complete destruction of a force, look in to battles in which the outcomes where an overwhelming destruction of enemy forces and the complete victory from those who should have been destroyed. Look not for the symbol but for the aftermath. and find the being that follows that timeline of events. Many of the Capital cities should have records of past wars, Noxus especially, these battles that you would search for would stand out as an overwhelming success against impossible odds. This being may not be what we thing it may be not the being holding the sword but the sword itself.