An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laxtras

05-08-2013

now there are two posibilities of why ez stop posting:

This dark figure found him, and cut him apart.
Garen entered the room, and cut him apart.

deathstar628

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumvall View Post
Is there someplace Ezreal hasn't checked? He's already gone to the Freljord and Noxus so where else could he check? I'm guessing he's already stopped by the Shadow Isles as well.
He didn't go to heaven, or hell. lol

Jarvan ÍV

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrononumberXIII View Post
What about now?
Seeing as you have time to talk on a forum.
I am trying to get Ezreal's attention to get back what is mine.
Also, we, again, don't need to discuss my personal life.

Skyhawke

05-08-2013

At first I was thinking this could be a chain-sword champ, but maybe not (esp. if he is Tryndamere's nemesis)

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblepeasant View Post
Have you ever tried to have a conversation with Rammus? OK.
He's got quite a wit, actually. You should sit down with him once in a while.

Also, Malzahar or Kassadin...whichever's more willing to talk/less crazy might be able to tell you if this thing is Voidborn or not.

Uacho

05-08-2013

Can you see the legs? This thing does not have legs guys... WTF?

AeonOfDarkness

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiBunniee View Post
Drip..DripDrip..

Small hands broke through the darkness and reached forward to grasp the dimly glowing gem. The light reflected from her curious green eyes seemed charged full of arcane powers. Unbeknownst to herself, the childs lips moved and soft words echoed through the moist cave walls.

Its been longFinally, you are awake again

A burst of light and energy traveled from the stone, sending the childs red locks in to a frenzy. Then . Everything was quiet.

Drip Drip.. Drip

Within the light, travels an ancient story, a story that has been discovered and forgotten, forgotten and discovered centuries after centuries.

It is a story that I am going to tell you today.

At the beginning of time, there was a king, a fair king that ruled all of the lands. A king that brought peace, justice and joy to his kingdom that over reached all the areas of Runeterra. His people respected him greatly, for he was the one that first truly understood the arcane powers of the land. He had taught the people how to use such energies to create vast united cities that shielded it inhabitants from grueling nature.

To protect his people, the King had trained a small army of keen and intelligent sorceresses and had granted them with powers above the rest. It was intended that they will pass down the arts in a secret society that would protect the people years after years, centuries after centuries.

However, the King forgot that one of the most basic sins that humans fall to: Greed. Instead of using all their powers for good, the magic wielders were divided amongst themselves. Most wanted to use their powers and make themselves King. Soon, the lands were torn apart with feuding sides and magnificent yet horrific battles. What was once a flourishing civilization, is now a barren land full of fear.

The King now knew that he had unleashed something that wasnt supposed to be available to the public. It pains him greatly to see his people suffer, thus he tapped into something that was deep deep inside of him. Something that was tangled and twisted in darkness. A power that was so greatthat was so dark that it is enshroud with evil. Noone can not call it magic or charmsthe closest description would be .A Curse

With a mighty battle cry that rang throughout the lands, the King was able to stop the war with something more destructive. Instead of fighting each other, those who have fallen to greed hid in fear. An eerie peace echoed throughout the land. However, this curse was not without consequences. He fears that if this dark power were to be let loose...Well... you can imgaine. Thus, the King became the guard to this evil source, and for eternity he shall suffer in silent torment.. Those who had been loyal to the Ruined King knows that whenever war goes ramped on this land .The King will emerge once again to stop the mistake he had caused with that cursed power.

Again and againhe was the reason for peace in each raging Great War. He is suffering for the people. The last place he had gone back to his tormented sleeping state to guard the darkness was deep under the underground city of Noxin.

Now, as the battles and conflicts sparks again in the North. The bustling magic on the surface began to stir the King once again.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

The King is here once again. Unknowingly summoned by a long descendant of one of the original power wielders the one that stayed true to his King.

This time things maybe a little differentthis time, the king will use his curse to fight for righteousness on the Field of Justice.

Tibbers..I think I accidentally did something bad.. -Annie
Bravo.

xoxGemeyexox

05-08-2013

First thing I thought of is that this is Galio. However, this golem is obviously a warrior, his depiction on books and such suggests he wasn't built, and existed longer. Perhaps Galio's creator heard tale of an ancient Noxian warrior golem, and build his own almost as a counter, to perhaps stop this Noxian golem if it ever journeyed to Demacia.
The jagged sword is, of course, in the style of Riven's sword, another suggestion to a Noxian background. So this is what I think:
This shadowy figure is an ancient golem, existing in Noxia for the Runeterran Wars. Of the legendary company of golems which were created, only one of the revered fighters remained; the depicted figure. The golems survived due to the released energies of magical combat, which fuelled their form. After the wars finished, the last surviving golem was shutdown, due to a lack of magic to fuel it. However, with the creation of the League, and the focusing of magical energy found in the Nexus, the golem can once again fulfil it's purpose to crush Noxus' enemies.

In Ezreal's pictures (which belong in a museum, BTW) a picture of the golem wreathed in smoke with hooded people paying homage to it is seen. This could be during the golem's hibernation, with Noxians paying homage to the great warrior. A vase is also seen, with numerous golem warriors, and could potentially be a celebratory vase, depicting the might of Noxus' golem army. Finally, the sword it wields is similar in design to Riven's. Maybe her and the other Noxian soldiers have swords based on the ancient warrior golems?

Troll in a Hat

05-08-2013

...Sparda?

Meterix

05-08-2013

This is interesting stuff Ezreal. Far more so than what you usually bring us here at the Institute, not that I mean to sound ungrateful. You visits are always welcome.

I dug around the archives a little. The only information worth noting was a little spot in Tryndamere's file, but good luck getting anything from him. The growing conflict in Freljord likely has him occupied. An issue the Institute is highly involved in, albeit from behind the scenes. We are here to prevent magically warfare after all.

The weirdest part is I was denied any access to the War Files. It seems I don't have enough Influence? Now you've gotten me all intrigued. Please keep us Summoners up to date on your findings, you have many friends here.

Still, do not let your curiosity put you in harms way. Your findings tell of gruesome endings, if you should find more than tales and legends, I plead you will seek assistance and remain cautious. I trust in your judgment on these matters.

Your friend,
Summoner Meterix.