An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Have you bothered to ask any of the extraplanar champions who had wound up in Runeterra about this mysterious figure? Maybe it's from there or they have similar stories.

Someone mentioned that Xerath might know something about it considering how old he is, but I doubt he'd be the most helpful person. If he personally knew of this figure, then he might be more willing to talk if he knew that such a thing would be coming back.

What about Nasus or Kayle? They're both from other worlds and Nasus might have some useful information on this thing if he is not of Runeterra and instead traveled here long ago. While he might have access to his library, he could remember some things which he had seen. As far as Kayle goes...it's a winged being clad in armor with a terrible sword. This could have been something that she was fighting (or had heard stories about) and might know a way of stopping it should it ever come back.

You could always ask Rammus for his opinion, too. He's probably seen some crazy things on his travels.

Micario

05-08-2013

this thread is amazing and hilarious at the same time

GeminiBunniee

05-08-2013

Drip…..Drip……Drip…..

Small hands broke through the darkness and reached forward to grasp the dimly glowing gem. The light reflected from her curious green eyes seemed charged full of arcane powers. Unbeknownst to herself, the child’s lips moved and soft words echoed through the moist cave walls.

“It’s been long…Finally, you are awake again…”

A burst of light and energy traveled from the stone, sending the child’s red locks in to a frenzy. Then …. Everything was quiet.

Drip… Drip….. Drip……

Within the light, travels an ancient story, a story that has been discovered and forgotten, forgotten and discovered centuries after centuries.

It is a story that I am going to tell you today.

At the beginning of time, there was a king, a fair king that ruled all of the lands. A king that brought peace, justice and joy to his kingdom that over reached all the areas of Runeterra. His people respected him greatly, for he was the one that first truly understood the arcane powers of the land. He had taught the people how to use such energies to create vast united cities that shielded it inhabitants from grueling nature.

To protect his people, the King had trained a small army of keen and intelligent sorceresses and had granted them with powers above the rest. It was intended that they will pass down the arts in a secret society that would protect the people years after years, centuries after centuries.

However, the King forgot that one of the most basic sins that humans fall to: Greed. Instead of using all their powers for good, the magic wielders were divided amongst themselves. Most wanted to use their powers and make themselves King. Soon, the lands were torn apart with feuding sides and magnificent yet horrific battles. What was once a flourishing civilization, is now a barren land full of fear.

The King now knew that he had unleashed something that wasn’t supposed to be available to the public. It pains him greatly to see his people suffer, thus he tapped into something that was deep deep inside of him. Something that was tangled and twisted in darkness. A power that was so great…that was so dark that it is enshroud with evil. No…one can not call it magic or charms…the closest description would be ….A Curse

With a mighty battle cry that rang throughout the lands, the King was able to stop the war with something more destructive. Instead of fighting each other, those who have fallen to greed hid in fear. An eerie peace echoed throughout the land. However, this curse was not without consequences. He fears that if this dark power were to be let loose...Well... you can imgaine. Thus, the King became the guard to this evil source, and for eternity he shall suffer in silent torment.. Those who had been loyal to the Ruined King knows that whenever war goes ramped on this land ….The King will emerge once again to stop the mistake he had caused with that cursed power.

Again and again…he was the reason for peace in each raging Great War. He is suffering for the people. The last place he had gone back to his tormented sleeping state to guard the darkness was deep under the underground city of Noxin.

Now, as the battles and conflicts sparks again in the North. The bustling magic on the surface began to stir the King once again.

Drip…. Drip…. Drip….

The King is here once again. Unknowingly summoned by a long descendant of one of the original power wielders … the one that stayed true to his King.

This time things maybe a little different…this time, the king will use his curse to fight for righteousness on the Field of Justice.

“Tibbers…..I think I accidentally did something bad..” -Annie

LareBearLegend

05-08-2013

He looks as though he is the League of Legends adaptation of Jeepers Creepers

Chuchirul

05-08-2013

Illidan Stormrage

xLuckyxShadowx

05-08-2013

longmedium range yet still meelee champ used to poke turet hugging ranges?

im guessing this because of the chain sword i see in the picture like ivy from soul calibur

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunkwugga View Post
You could always ask Rammus for his opinion, too. He's probably seen some crazy things on his travels.
Have you ever tried to have a conversation with Rammus? OK.

Stormgald

05-08-2013

I am going to guess this dark figure used to be a prominent figure in Demacian history. However he choosing to sway the battle took him toward a path not in sync with Demacian law. So
he was outcast and became the dark figure we see in these images. No Demacian will ever speak this tale, so you will find no truth there.

But this figure is thee reason the ancient battle was won with so few against so many.

I bet this figure has been dormant since the battle, and Ezreal will finally find and awaken this individual who will be the leader of the once thought to be extinct nation and will exact his revenge
on Demacian's for betraying his legacy.

Your Shadow

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonOfDarkness View Post
Berserk?
"Did you just grab your own severed arm and hit me with it? Oh my God, kill me now that is the coolest thing I will ever see."

Jarvan ÍV

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrononumberXIII View Post
pls
your gloves are metal
Yes. The inside of my glove is metal as well. Also, yes, I wear gloves all the time.
*Face palm.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion RockX View Post
You know...This is looking like a Very Similarity to someone in Demacia Itself....
Jarvan The 4th ( Jarvan IV ). Why you may ask? here is the clues. The Dark figure looks like he is the kind of person to give amazing Morale into battle, Jarvan is like this as well. (Look at the Dark Forged Jarvan skin, this dark figure and that skin looks the same in a way).
Could this legend be related to Jarvans family? to the King maybe?

Find out Ezreal.
I told you, I just want my blasted work of art back. I like to keep my castle IN-TACT.