An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neon Noble

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
What makes you say that? Big guy with a sword...?

Tryndamere's not the most... approachable guy. There's a lot going on in the Freljord right now, too. I'm not sure he has the patience for my questions.
Hey, Ezreal, I have a good reason to approach Tryndamere about this man (or being).

It seems that some time ago, Tryndamere encountered a man who used strange magic to revive his defeated army to, in turn, defeat Tryndamere and his men, and then disappeared shortly after.

If you can't ask Tryndamere directly, ask Ashe. I'm sure she could handle the confrontation for you.

[Quote from Explore Freljord website]
Quote:
Struggling to survive in the harsh, frostbitten Freljord, the young Tryndamere and his people warred with other tribes over the scarce resources of the land. One such battle changed his life forever. Raiders ambushed Tryndamere’s clan in the dead of night, and though his warriors were able to push the first wave of attackers back, they weren’t prepared for the dark figure that next stepped forth. He wielded a cruel, living sword, and inspired an unhinged bloodlust in the invaders with his unearthly magic. Tryndamere’s tribe was overrun within moments. With no hope of defeating the enigmatic being, Tryndamere threw himself at certain death. The dark figure swatted him aside, mortally wounding the young barbarian.

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

A dark voice echoes through Ezreal's mind.... *Ezreal, I am your faather*

IMTOOJUICY

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedGranny View Post
If I were Taric, I'd be turning (fabulous) colors right now.
fabulous green. with envy.

AR Manimal

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/statuesketch.jpg]news/April_2013/post/statuesketch_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

I got lucky with this one. I found it stuck between the pages of that huge book. It's not the same paper, and it's pretty damaged. Maybe someone got to this research before me, but they didn't get as far as I did.

In the image, it looks like these men are revering a statue of the dark figure. The statue itself looks like it's half-unearthed. It might not even be something they built, but something they found.

What is it about this figure that drove these people to be so devoted to him?
Well, he helped them crush their enemies dreams. Probably by crushing some skulls, but the method isn't important.

Dragonliger

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvan V View Post
How many times do I have to tell you people?
Galio has nothing to do with this. Galio was artificed to life by Durand. Galio hasn't existed for very long at all. You should reconsider your title and name change.

Oh Jarvan! you got it wrong I meant as a defender, galio is a defender not meaning that the being was like galio, that would be so wrong!

Archeologyst Dragonliger

Bearmantron

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMTOOJUICY View Post
fabulous green. with envy.
fabulous EMERALD with envy.

HexSketch

05-08-2013

my guess, maybe the first person who entered the void. Maybe they never actually left, and they only return every now and then to cause mayhem and possibly rip open some kinda gateway to the void. But someone stops them every time

Naranek42

05-08-2013

A timeless figure, both honored and feared, who shows up every now and then to do battle?
Sounds like Ares to me.
Ezreal should ask Pantheon what he knows.

IMTOOJUICY

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogle890 View Post
I wonder if Ezreal and Lux got Quinn to sketch out that picture for them.
before she got buffed, quinn made gold by doing street-corner portraits for tourists.

Jarvan ÍV

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonliger View Post
Oh Jarvan! you got it wrong I meant as a defender, galio is a defender not meaning that the being was like galio, that would be so wrong!

Archeologyst Dragonliger
That makes more sense. Still, I want my damned stained glass back.