An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion.jpg]news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

I won these coins off a certain Card Master whose name I won't say… and whose real name I don't even know. I'd lost every single hand up until this one, and the one time I beat him, of course he'd bet completely useless old coins. I can't spend them anywhere in Valoran. At least I've found a “use” for them now. It took me a while to realize it, but that's the same jagged blade on these old coins.

Finally, there's this pendant to the right. It's very, very old, and I have no idea where it originally came from. That's the dark figure's face right there in the metal. Whoever he is, he's been around for a really long time.

That's all I've collected so far. So… what do you think? Who is this figure, and what does his presence mean?

I know one thing: I never want to meet him…
I've never known such a Card Master to lose a fair game, or to play one at that. The only explanation is he wanted you to have those coins.

Be wary, Explorer, things are not as they seem

Your Shadow

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMårvelous View Post
Guys.

Ezreal's been really quiet.

Should I try calling him again?
Yes. And ask him about that sketch he hid.

I won't be able to rest easy until I know everything.

Anon8792

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
This figure has appeared throughout history and all across Runeterra. I get the feeling he's not something that crawled out of that awful hole, but something that's been around much, much longer.
I don't know why, but I want to say maybe ask Nautilus. He's ancient, see if he might remember having seen the figure in someway during his time before the big change. Heck, he might have even trundled across something like it while crawling the ocean floor for all that time.

Korkee

05-08-2013

All hail the likeness of the first watcher to return to us. Hail the watchers! Hail Frostguard!

Ez will pay for disturbing the artifacts that hold the likeness of the watcher. Your tampering in artifacts has finally caught up with you.

MalformedMayhem

05-08-2013

Gentleman with the assumed name of Lucian sound familiar? Could have an ultimate skill that grants him the power of this dark warlord/hero. Thoughts Ezreal?

Strghtflush

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMKILLER14 View Post
Is it a Frost Guard
Almost 99% no. This is, as Ez said, much bigger than just Freljord

Aeonus

05-08-2013

I would think Kayle would be more forthcoming with information about such a being and Zilean surely would know something.

BlastAqua

05-08-2013

Bad news everyone...

Ezreal died by demonic swords impalling.

He will be missed

IS194cfb226469ff

05-08-2013

Sauron is coming :S

StriderXplosive

05-08-2013

The role players are really having fun on this one huh?...having fun reading I must say. This "Dark figure" is obviously the one described in Tryndamere's new lore. I am guessing he is one of an ancient civilization, maybe during or prior to the RUNE WARS? Maybe he holds some kind of zombie blade or some type of summoning power. Maybe he has the power to give great strength to his allies and is some type of "god of war" that appears on the battlefields to aid an army of his (or someone above him) choosing. He has obviously been involved in many wars and many conflicts. He seems to be of great importance at SOME point in the history of Runeterra because there are statues, relics, even CURRENCY (the coins) with his image.

The fact that you (Ezreal) all these different relics in different places can only mean that he is not of an ally of any but an ally of MANY. There are a lot of missing links to this story...maybe ask the "Card Master" *cough* TF* To tell you who he got those coins from?