An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchrodingersSoda

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
This figure has appeared throughout history and all across Runeterra. I get the feeling he's not something that crawled out of that awful hole, but something that's been around much, much longer.
I think s/he meant that it may be resting or trapped in the Abyss, not that it originated from there.

Mindill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotWenceslaus View Post
What kind of merchant would accept those coins?
Maybe one that was a ghost... Or two...

Jarvan ÍV

05-08-2013

Quote:
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/stained-glass.jpg]news/April_2013/post/stained-glass_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Take a look at this. It's a stained glass window from Demacia.

Don't ask me how I got it. I'm going to give it back, I promise. I'm borrowing it for research, and they'll never know it's missing. Demacians never stop talking about light, so what do they really need a window for, anyway?

Look closely. See the shape in the center with the wings and the jagged sword? That's the figure I've been seeing everywhere.

This is the first artifact that really got me thinking. It's not that old, and it can't really go back more than a few generations at most. I asked around, and nobody knows what the figure is or if he has a name. They all agreed on one thing though: whoever this figure is, he's clearly someone worth remembering to be immortalized like this.

But why does he appear in so many other places? So many of these artifacts are ancient, and some are from lost civilizations so old they don't even have names.

How is that possible?
Ezreal, do you want to explain to me how you got ahold and WHY you have one of my stained glass works? Give it back immediately, you little thief.

Ragni Phoenix

05-08-2013

Ezreal Here are somethings I've gathered so far from all these items.

- This creature be it man or something else, shows up to turn the tide for a losing side. Now why would he do that if it seems he has no affiliation to them? Perhaps it is because as you have said these "battles" Were not normal battles, but massacres. What I belive is that he cares not for the winner, but simply for the amount of bloodshed that can be had. I mean why help the winning army when the bloodshed will be little compared to the amount you would have if you kill the larger army.

- Clearly this thing, must be somewhat humanoid, if you look closely at the evidence you will see some of his depictions show him wearing what seems to be a helmet. Similar to an outfit Talon wears if I'm not mistaken.

- He is worshiped as a hero for saving the losing side but yet he does not stay to reap the reward, perhaps his reward is the bloodshed itself?

I will continute to try and decipher more, but for now I suggest perhaps talking to Amumu and seeing if any of those items might trigger any memories from his past. If not exploring the tomb he was buried in might hold some clues.

Strghtflush

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetDark View Post
Perhaps you should bring this up with Nasus or Zilean. They seem like wise and old figures in the League.
Did not think of Nasus, that's actually a fantastic idea.

Deafiler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derphin View Post
Galio doesn't have a sword. Bam.
And Trundle had a curse.

Sneux

05-08-2013

Isn't that the same guy that is on the statues in the Howling Abyss?

Dat Fiddlesticks

05-08-2013

Quote:
This figure has appeared throughout history and all across Runeterra. I get the feeling he's not something that crawled out of that awful hole, but something that's been around much, much longer.
What are the possibilities of it being some humanoid from the void? Actually as I write this, that sounds absurd. If he was from the void, I'm sure that we would see some obvious references. I wonder if another front exists? Of all the evil, if it even be evil rather than just plain neutral brutality, on Runeterra could we be faced with something else to fear?

Ezreal, do us summoners a favor, please hire a bodyguard or two. Maybe even an army. If this man is etched in history, but still remains unknown, something tells me him or something else might try to keep it that way. Be careful my friend.

Gigahappytown

05-08-2013

Stop saying its a watcher jesus christ There all still chilling in the howling abyss If you tards even read the first few findings it clearly states it appears to warriors in a loosing battle granting them extreme power
Its also demon/blood related.

Ghosis

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derphin View Post
Galio doesn't have a sword. Bam.
Sejuani had a shield.