An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jullian Vess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

ERMEGERD!!!

A Watcher Champion!!

killer khail

05-08-2013

Ezreal, do you have any more stories about this dark figured guy?

Riceroll

05-08-2013

I get the feeling he looks like one of those statues that are surpose to be turrets in SR, and HA

Ornan

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion.jpg]news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

I won these coins off a certain Card Master whose name I won't say… and whose real name I don't even know. I'd lost every single hand up until this one, and the one time I beat him, of course he'd bet completely useless old coins. I can't spend them anywhere in Valoran. At least I've found a “use” for them now. It took me a while to realize it, but that's the same jagged blade on these old coins.

Finally, there's this pendant to the right. It's very, very old, and I have no idea where it originally came from. That's the dark figure's face right there in the metal. Whoever he is, he's been around for a really long time.

That's all I've collected so far. So… what do you think? Who is this figure, and what does his presence mean?

I know one thing: I never want to meet him…
And then in the champion preview he's testing his skills against Explorer Ezreal.

TurboPizda

05-08-2013

Galio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravishing

05-08-2013

Quote:
This figure has appeared throughout history and all across Runeterra. I get the feeling he's not something that crawled out of that awful hole, but something that's been around much, much longer.
The Watchers were powerful but were betrayed, the Howling Abyss has been their resting place.... until...

SharkbaitBruhaha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Skarner came from the past right? Perhaps he'll know something.

Dr Cat

05-08-2013

The images of the creature as a statue, is that just a statue representing the creature, or is that the creature itself seemingly frozen?

Bregan

05-08-2013

Quote:
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/statuesketch.jpg]news/April_2013/post/statuesketch_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

I got lucky with this one. I found it stuck between the pages of that huge book. It's not the same paper, and it's pretty damaged. Maybe someone got to this research before me, but they didn't get as far as I did.

In the image, it looks like these men are revering a statue of the dark figure. The statue itself looks like it's half-unearthed. It might not even be something they built, but something they found.

What is it about this figure that drove these people to be so devoted to him?
are you stupid? its not half unearthed. theres a fire blowing smoke in front of it.

Tormented Soil

05-08-2013

Lissandra won't help you. Ask the poros.

You should ask Zyra, she's been around for centuries in her network of plantlife. She may have seen the odd battle or two from the forests.

Or ask Nami if her people have ever heard of such a creature.