An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laxtras

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
Attachment 680217

Cointidence?

I THINK NOT

He is the evil twin brother of Marvelous
<.<

Frostbite Snipes

05-08-2013

Hey Ezreal, why don't you ask Lissandra? She is after all, an immortal being who has been around for a VERY long time. The dark figure appeared once in Freljord, she was probably around when that happened. Maybe she could shed some light on it.

Also, you should ask some of the League Shopkeepers about the coins. They would probably know something about currency.

Perhaps if you manage to bring this 'dark figure' to the league, it could serve as a MANLY support, like a lot of people have been asking for.

Also in the picture which may have been written in blood from Demacia, what is the dark figure pointing his sword at? Any chance you could show us the rest of the picture?

Also, my own personal theory on the dark figure is a creature that came out of the Void, with the ability to time travel, and the mindset to fan the flames of war to chip away at Runeterra and slowly weaken it in preparation for the inevitable coming of the Void.

Tanxxed

05-08-2013

With soo much bloodshed... maybe the help of a hemomancer might be a good idea ?

MdevilM2

05-08-2013

Have you tried asking Skarner? He is the only one I can think of who is old enough to maybe know about this stuff.

Volor Flex

05-08-2013

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say this "figure" is who Lucian is trying to destroy and that's how he ends up in the League of Legends.

Strghtflush

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly Amazing View Post
If it's not Angus the Puncher then I'm not interested.
No, Angus is who they bring out as a last ditch effort to beat him, who proceeds to fight him using nothing more than a team of his beard hairs and wins easily.

Valkarians

05-08-2013

oh look illidans made it into the game

ExjK

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion.jpg]news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

I won these coins off a certain Card Master whose name I won't say… and whose real name I don't even know. I'd lost every single hand up until this one, and the one time I beat him, of course he'd bet completely useless old coins. I can't spend them anywhere in Valoran. At least I've found a “use” for them now. It took me a while to realize it, but that's the same jagged blade on these old coins.

Finally, there's this pendant to the right. It's very, very old, and I have no idea where it originally came from. That's the dark figure's face right there in the metal. Whoever he is, he's been around for a really long time.

That's all I've collected so far. So… what do you think? Who is this figure, and what does his presence mean?

I know one thing: I never want to meet him…
You may want to follow up about those coins with, um, this Card Master you speak of. Of all the artifacts you've collected thus far, those coins seem to be the only item that have recently held relevance. How long did the Card Master have these coins before you won them? Where did he get them from? And where originally did these coins actually have monetary value?

Seems like a solid lead to me, you may want to investigate further.

Real Stronk

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion.jpg]news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

I won these coins off a certain Card Master whose name I won't say… and whose real name I don't even know. I'd lost every single hand up until this one, and the one time I beat him, of course he'd bet completely useless old coins. I can't spend them anywhere in Valoran. At least I've found a “use” for them now. It took me a while to realize it, but that's the same jagged blade on these old coins.

Finally, there's this pendant to the right. It's very, very old, and I have no idea where it originally came from. That's the dark figure's face right there in the metal. Whoever he is, he's been around for a really long time.

That's all I've collected so far. So… what do you think? Who is this figure, and what does his presence mean?

I know one thing: I never want to meet him…
That stack of coins were just destined to fall into your hand. Its a strange twist of fate they became useful for this mystery.

Anyhow, it seems this figure appears at the end of each conflict when oneside has already suffered greatly and seems to show no real allegiance to any particular faction. This leads me to believe that battle and death are what this figure thrives on.

Ravishing

05-08-2013

The Howling Abyss is the key. Into the darkness is where you'll find the answers.