Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An ancient mystery in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChroniclerC

05-08-2013

Hey Ezreal, stupid question, but have you tried just asking some Noxian historians about this? I mean, yeah, Noxius, ew, but if you leave out the part about finding him all over the place I'm sure they're the type to want to learn a new warrior story (or brag about one they already know).

Also, this may be a long shot, but consider asking Zilean about this guy. He's been in enough time periods that he may have heard a more "recent" telling of this guy.
(On a similar thought, Malzahar might know something, but I doubt you'd get a straight answer out of him.)

Purezalbert

05-08-2013

Either new champion or Galio

HerbaNoctis

05-08-2013

For this Champion, the causes of a war mean naught, only the blood and the thrill. What's better than living on the edge? He seems to be nothing more or less than the Avatar of War.
From our Greek mythos, we can see the example of Ares (aka Mars). While Athena (Minerva) was, among other things, the goddess of tacticians and strategic war, Ares was the god of bloody, unbridled war with no rhyme or reason, just blood. Fear and Terror were his calling cards.
This Champion seems to combine the unbridled bloodlust of Ares with the fury and unseeing rage of the bull, exemplified by the two horn-like protrusions on his helmet. Therefore, until a name is revealed, I will call him "Taures".
He appears wherever there is violence and blood for him to feed off of. His discovery now perhaps heralds his arrival at the League. This spells very dire things for the fate of the Institute of War.

PsychoSim

05-08-2013

Definitely a Watcher.
A death knight of some sort...

Neilburg

05-08-2013

His sword reminds me of the Blade of the Ruined King item...

NastyLemon

05-08-2013

The theory of it being a Watcher gives me pause, because he has apparently shown up several places... not just the Freljord.

Captain Laboot

Recruiter

05-08-2013

... So not a cupcake.

Ouroboro DFGAREN

05-08-2013

Signs everywhere in Runeterra?

Mysterious artifacts depicting some sort of dark being?

Illuminati.

harshdefender

05-08-2013

All of this points to a civilization that treated this figure as a god

MagikShot

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:
I got lucky with this one

You aren't Ezreal. Who are you and what are you doing in his desk?