An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JLow3s

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
They're carving weapons from human bone, and in the Noxian fable, the general they defeated wasn't even sure he was still fighting men at all.

Gives me the creeps, really.
Maybe he has some ability to resurrect fallen allies and lead them on in a bloody conquest, they have a vicious blood lust and lack of concern for others life because they are themselves undead and incapable of showing fear

IceNinja42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaitachiTrey View Post
Is it a Spirit of Battle?

I'm starting to think it is the spirit of battle. When things seem hopeless, lost, or one side is about to be slaughtered. It shows up in all its dark, devilish glory to inspire the troops and raise morale to the point that they are reinvigorated. Blood-lust, you might say!

The theme of blood, of the wings, of the vicious blade, the way the stories are told. I'm going with a dark spirit who revels in battle or war, of taking those on the precipice of doom and turning them into almost demons of the battlefield.

I'm beginning to think... that it isn't a person at all.
Sort of like How Nocturne is a Spirit of Nightmares, or Teemo is a Spirit of Demented pleasure?

SmartB42E

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafedidi View Post
I GOT IT GUYS !

THIS GUY IS FROM FRELJORD BLOOD !

http://puu.sh/2PrwL.jpg
http://puu.sh/2Pryh.jpg
http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....ined-glass.jpg

Same position, same idea, we can even see the blade.

HA !
I think that thing slaps the side which one has most supporters (avatar icon ingame)

Grucio

05-08-2013

Take the scroll and show it to us
Edit: It's not a scroll

SpadeSage

05-08-2013

This thing sounds a lot like a watcher, in lissandra's lore it explains that after siding with the watchers she wasn't even human anymore, she became iceborn, and in the post of what the guardian of the howling abyss said "They gave us too much power!" and that the Noxian general was afraid because "He wasn't even sure if he was even fighting people near the end" and that the tribe said he gave them great power and then quickly dissapeared. sounds like, The Watchers... Have returned.

Dakzu

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakzu View Post
My first thought was perhaps a being from the Shadow Isles, considering the frightful appearance - however, these accounts don't have a general air of terror, horror or the embrace of death so much as a lust for battle....

Perhaps the Berserker may have an idea, either from his Lokfar upbringing or his travels? Olaf has hunted as many legendary creatures as he can in his search for a noble end in battle. Surely a legendary being with a lust for battle as strong as his own would have attracted his attention...
I still think Olaf may be the man to ask!

Kinvaras666

05-08-2013

Doesn't the woman, in the picture on the center, looks like a summoner from the league?

Volatica

05-08-2013

So, we know that this figure existed stretching back a great deal in time, back to unnamed civilizations. But based on the dispositions of those peoples he has effected -- not only Noxus and the wild ribes of the Freljord, but also enlightened Ionia and just Demacia -- I would lead to believe that he is imparts some kind of unnatural bloodlust on others, not necessarily that they seek out his help willingly. Perhaps people effected by him are unaware of what they are doing until it's over?

AboutTenPandas

05-08-2013

Perhaps Zilean would be able to provide a deeper understanding? He has traveled through many time periods, maybe he has seen this man.

Shinkari

05-08-2013

My first thought was that this was an angel with those things on his back being wings, but now that it looks like a cape it looks a lot like Jarvan IV, his posture, his armor, his weapon. You might need to give his weapon a closer inspection