High ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryohazard

12-11-2009

thoughts on Amumu, Alistar, Singed? Alistar at least seems top tier...

mermin

12-11-2009

well amumu has certainly got a huge part of the nerfstick after the cleanse buff, moreso than malphite i dont know why u think alistair is so good tho?

Messiah

The Council

12-11-2009

amumu, alistar, singed aren't top tier
malphite is still good, just not as popular
nunu's really good right now because of cleanse
sivir and taric are really good because of pushing power
corki is still good, just not as popular because everyone picks sivir instead now to carry
cho,nasus,annie,tf still top tier
still too soon imo to tell if trynd is top tier or not, but so far he looks top tier. cd on his spin needs to be a little higher imo
soraka still good, but not op. she never was op. ppl just cry a lot

Omnicis

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydischarge View Post
Malph isn't viable.
Corki isn't viable.

I'll give you two guesses whya nd the first doesn't count.

Then when you still disagree I'll let you think about why they aren't viable, and then you can get back to me.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
you are so complete fail.

the post made was inaccurate as to who is high elo viable, but the ones you said were wrong were the correct ones.
it is the other ones that are wrong.
tryn is not a good high elo pick.
TF used to be (back when he posted it) but isnt anymore.

Zagzax

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicis View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
you are so complete fail.

the post made was inaccurate as to who is high elo viable, but the ones you said were wrong were the correct ones.
it is the other ones that are wrong.
tryn is not a good high elo pick.
TF used to be (back when he posted it) but isnt anymore.
This necromancy was completely unnecessary. Messiah gave an accurate answer at the time relevant to the discussion. High elo champs change with every patch.

roninsm

03-16-2010

I was wondering why tryn was on the list. Then I saw the dates...

Encomium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

*look at me i can criticize posts from last year*

Omnicis you know what a patch is, right?

Nithilak

06-16-2010

I wanna bump this, can anyone give a acurate up-to-date list, or please point me in the direction of a thread or list which has the information?

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelin View Post
Klazzix, altho I do appreciate your opinion the point about high elo games is that the mechanics actually work different. ELO = system used by matchmaking, so high ELO means best players of LoL.

The like of twitch who can be really annoying in low ELO doesn't do much in high elo as they operate as a team a whole lot more. Making more use of wards and what not.

Back on topic tho, any high ELO player able to compile a good list for the interested players =)

-edit- the point about this post is that I friendly request people who do not operate in High ELO games to not post here to avoid a discussion about champions in low ELO or champions in general.

Once again my friendly request, please a compiled list or just a start of a list.

Really curious about Fiddlesticks. Is he viable in High ELO?

And Tarion thanks for the good contribution to this post.
I don't agree about Twitch, he can adequately play as a team member and does not have to rely on stealth and kill off solo targets, in reality he is actually much more of a team player than most of the players think of him, thus is very viable in High elo games.

In good teams, a team fight will not start if the Twich is visible on the enemy team behind them, because he will spray and pray anihilate any champion that will try to get in close to initiate.

But anyways thats beyond the point and i'm obviously defending champions i like.

Anyways i can't agree that Tier lists are created to sumarize the ability of a champion.
Every person plays a champion differently and some have a gimic for them more so ever than others.

Recently i've saw a Perquliar Gankplank build that had 4600 health and was doing quite heave damage aswell, you wouldn't expect that from the squishy pirate but that was unbelievably well played and turned the tide of combat alot.
So generally, you can't sumarize champions as viable or not, in good hands, even the worst team composition can wipe out a good team composition.

EDIT: What you people are doing, is searching for excuses that you lose because that champion wasn't viable or was and its his/her fault that he dragged the team down.

Nithilak

06-16-2010

@ lawful--Your whole post can be summed up as "bring the player not the champion" which I agree with... a amazing player playing a champion who is a ******ed yordle whos only abilities are stone throwing and super strong hugs could beat a bad player with a OP champ. However, I think you are missing the entire point of this thread. It really comes down to game mechanics, and as hard as riot tries they ar not going to achieve perfect balance between all characters with all abilities.

Now when you are talking about top teir play the best of the best are (through experience and play style) going to lean towards certain champs for whatever reason. You start looking at a wider range of top teir players a pattern will emerge where you start seeing certain comps and certain champs being used more often then others. It is a simple fact of the game that this will happen. When you are hardcore you want to see wins and if the smallest tweak can give you that extra 1% advantage then they will take it. Its not about blame or QQ.

But I digress.