High ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelin

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermin View Post
lich is one of the rlly popular picks.....some ppl leave at champ select coz they didnt get him!
Who is lich?

And what do you mean with popular pick? As in popular pick in every game or are you talking about high ELO games here (the topic)?

Proletaria

12-10-2009

The high ELO characters, from what i've seen in the various tourney videos avalible (and this may be dated as of the patch):

Malphite, Corki, Annie, Teemo, Fiddle, Taric, Cho'gath, Tryndamere, Yi, Ash, and a few others i'm probably forgetting.

Some of thoes might not actually make the "top tier" rank, and where just prefrences of a top player, but i've seen them all in high end recorded play.

DalzK

12-10-2009

You should really be looking at which characters are not viable during high ELO - as the majority of characters are. It depends really on the combo of characters and how the players use them. Though it seems the two characters which people complain are OP are Twisted Fate/Corki. They arent really that much stronger by a big margin though.

The only character that seems useless is Heim. After that its probably Udyr.

Janna can be quite weak late game - but still used in the right hands and the right team she can win.

Partizan

12-10-2009

This patch Soraka, Alistar, Taric and Sivir are probably on the top of the tier currently for champions. Due to the tower nerf giving minnions more damage and lowering tower health. You can win a game simply by pushing and healing through the team fight dps.

Rudeboymike

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydischarge View Post
Malph isn't viable.
Corki isn't viable.

I'll give you two guesses whya nd the first doesn't count.

Then when you still disagree I'll let you think about why they aren't viable, and then you can get back to me.
I don't think Corki is a very good High rating pick, although he is probably the best carry in the game.

Malphite on the other hand is one of the most viable champions for High Elo. He is the best initiator for 4 Tank team and an AOE team

Lemt

12-10-2009

Corki is VERY powerful. To those that don't see why, here it is:

Q-AoE, blind, reveal
W-AoE, chase, escape
E-AoE, armor reduction
R-AoE, extreme Range, easy skillshot

He lacks a stun, but has 4 AoE abilities.

dreamydischarge

12-10-2009

I'll spill the beans. I was baiting with the Corki part, but Malphite really isn't viable.

Cleanse > Malphite

The best team composition right now requires only one tank, who isn't an actual tank.

Corki isn't a OMG GODLY pick right now, and he isn't terrible (he does need fixing), but he isn't going to be very prevalent in many high level games.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

o.O i think best tank atm is singed/tryn.
tryn used to be less reliable but now that cleanse is imba, his can cleanse + ult just got a bit better.

CryHavoc

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
o.O i think best tank atm is singed/tryn.
tryn used to be less reliable but now that cleanse is imba, his can cleanse + ult just got a bit better.
Having played both, I feel that Cho'gath is superior in nearly every way to Singed.

He has a stun, can farm nearly as well, and his abilities are devastating in a team battle. Not saying Singed is worthless, but I think Cho is just superior right now.

mermin

12-11-2009

tryndamere corki nasus cm annie SIVIR those are the heroes i see a lot of and would say are extremely good picks

but you can play almost any champion too