High ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DocDemento

12-09-2009

I read in a lot of posts that this champ isn't viable in high ELO and what not. Is there a certain list that tells us what champs aren't played much at high ELO and why they aren't?

Kelin

12-10-2009

I'm actually curious as well. I know some heroes are more viable than others.

The heroes I know are definitely high ELO worthy:
Malphite (tank)
Tryn (hardcore dps)
Corki DPS
Twisted Fate Stun/dps

I know some others like gangplank are viable as well. But for example fiddlesticks, is he worth anything on high elo matches?

dreamydischarge

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelin View Post
I'm actually curious as well. I know some heroes are more viable than others.

The heroes I know are definitely high ELO worthy:
Malphite (tank)
Tryn (hardcore dps)
Corki DPS
Twisted Fate Stun/dps

I know some others like gangplank are viable as well. But for example fiddlesticks, is he worth anything on high elo matches?
Malph isn't viable.
Corki isn't viable.

I'll give you two guesses whya nd the first doesn't count.

Then when you still disagree I'll let you think about why they aren't viable, and then you can get back to me.

Miyamiya

12-10-2009

Corki is definitely viable, I don't know what you are talking about.

Kelin

12-10-2009

First guess; They both don't have a stun.

Altho malphite ultimate can count as one and corki has blind which works wonders on tryn and the likes.

Rather than delivering pure criticism feel free to name those who are completely viable as well.

Klazzix

12-10-2009

Heimer is beast.

Tarion

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydischarge View Post
Malph isn't viable.
Corki isn't viable.

I'll give you two guesses whya nd the first doesn't count.

Then when you still disagree I'll let you think about why they aren't viable, and then you can get back to me.
Luumis (4th ranked player), Akatosh (6th ranked player), Messiah (7th ranked player) and haDro (8th ranked player) all have either Corki or Malphite in their recently played.

Several Council members have also said that they consider Corki OP (And that its the consensus of the Council). Malphite was recently nerfed, because he was considered OP (Not sure if that's still the case).

Now, I'm not a high Elo player, but that seems like some pretty solid evidence to me.

Klazzix

12-10-2009

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm not high ELO or w/e that is (I don't even know what it means) but in my humble opinion I would say heroes/champions that when played right are just plain hard to kill examples are Sivir & Kayle.

Kelin

12-10-2009

Klazzix, altho I do appreciate your opinion the point about high elo games is that the mechanics actually work different. ELO = system used by matchmaking, so high ELO means best players of LoL.

The like of twitch who can be really annoying in low ELO doesn't do much in high elo as they operate as a team a whole lot more. Making more use of wards and what not.

Back on topic tho, any high ELO player able to compile a good list for the interested players =)

-edit- the point about this post is that I friendly request people who do not operate in High ELO games to not post here to avoid a discussion about champions in low ELO or champions in general.

Once again my friendly request, please a compiled list or just a start of a list.

Really curious about Fiddlesticks. Is he viable in High ELO?

And Tarion thanks for the good contribution to this post.

mermin

12-10-2009

lich is one of the rlly popular picks.....some ppl leave at champ select coz they didnt get him!