Runes for phys DMG Corki?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GNOY

12-09-2009

Hope someone write a guide for Phys dmg Corki eventually. Anyway - I didnt find enough deep guides on that.

It seems that Armor penetration would work good for phys dmg build. Other than that I might take MS quintessences, maybe some mana regen for blue runes, though Chalice and Golem usually enough for mana problems. Also, what do you think about some -CD runes?

Also, can I reach negative armor values on enemies, using Black Cleaver, Gatling Gun, and Armor penetration runes?

Just asking because EU getting shop at last and I want to try Corki as 1st major thing to spent IP for.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

Crit damage, Crit chance, physical damage, physical penetration or attack speed. Depending how you itemize.

wildfire393

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
Hope someone write a guide for Phys dmg Corki eventually. Anyway - I didnt find enough deep guides on that.

It seems that Armor penetration would work good for phys dmg build. Other than that I might take MS quintessences, maybe some mana regen for blue runes, though Chalice and Golem usually enough for mana problems. Also, what do you think about some -CD runes?

Also, can I reach negative armor values on enemies, using Black Cleaver, Gatling Gun, and Armor penetration runes?

Just asking because EU getting shop at last and I want to try Corki as 1st major thing to spent IP for.
Armor Penetration is always your best bet for Marks and Quints on a Physical attacker, as they provide a constistent percentage increase to your damage.

Go either Crit Damage, Crit Chance, or MP Regen for the rest, depending on build. Crit Damage > Crit Chance if your end build tends to have >50% crit rate, otherwise Crit Chance is better. MP Regen is always a safe bet to avoid having to buy a Chalice.

Also, the way Armor Reduction/Penetration interacts is this:

Armor Reduction applies first. This can take them into the negative if it exceeds their armor. Sources of Armor reduction are the Black Cleaver Stacks, Stark's Fervor's Aura, and abilities like the Gatling.
% Armor Penetration applies next. The only source of this currently is the Last Whisper. (Though this same procedure works for Magic Resist and Pen, and there are two sources of %MPen)
Flat Armor Penetration applies last. This can never take the target's armor into the negative, but can take it to zero.

Effectively the formula is:

If (Armor-Armor Reduction < 0 ) Then Armor = Armor-Armor Reduction Else Armor = MAX((Armor-Armor Reduction)*(1-Armor Penetration %)-Armor Penetration),0)

GNOY

12-09-2009

Thanx. That will be helpful.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

just do a search on takashix. he's the most well-known corki.

GNOY

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
just do a search on takashix. he's the most well-known corki.
He never wrote guide for him though (or i didnt find it?). Overall I dont know why TOP rated players, write so little guides for these forums?

Grotsnik

12-10-2009

Health and MP5.

I don't give two asterisks about runes. Despite that, I can't agree with modifying Corki's damage due to crit and armor pen do no synergize with Gatling Gun. Better to grab health, dodge, MR, armor or whatever you fancy and go with near glass cannon in items.