Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: What's the deal with Healers in this game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lockedbob

12-09-2009

@ Dryzen playing tryn w/o cleanse is dumb.

Darklord

Adjudicator

12-09-2009

soraka and taric are both *extremely* good champions. It sounds like your playstyle doesn't fit healers well, because both of those are awesome champions. Janna is underpowered, but soraka and taric are high-tier champion picks for sure.

Lockedbob

12-09-2009

I'm willing to play a 2v2 against you frozen with your amazing Soraka + a tank and I choose my own lineup without using soraka and you can show me what she's capable of. Of course after my net gets fixed tomorrow I can look you up. *rolling eyes*

gutter

12-09-2009

Quote:
Lockedbob:
You guys are telling me healers are fine and they have other roles except healing and yes I do agree with you silence is nice and stun on taric is nice as well but take a look at the top 500 list posted by pendragon and look up what champions are those people playing. You barely see tanks at all mostly it's tryndamere katarina shaco TF twitch or [insert random carry here]. It's easy to say something is balanced when you don't play it at all. I looked up 20-30 guys for the lulz and notice neither of them played healers with 1-2 exceptions. So how come the champion is ok if no one wants to play it?

Come back-up these statements when you've played 20 matches in a row and you actually did make a difference against competent people with Soraka ok?

At mid and low summoner level, support healers are considered a huge asset to the team. For people who solo queue, it's probably better to play a carry/pusher because it gives you more direct control over the outcome of the game, hence why a lot of the top players that solo queue use carry-equivalents. As for the others Twisted Fate is a bit overpowered at the moment (especially at high end) hence why you see that a lot.

Do you really think that top teams run in with 5 damage dealers and no support?

Oh, and I did play Soraka/Taric for a pretty long stretch back in beta...and I didn't win every game but I was definitely an asset to my team.

Oh, and...

http://solomid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/92-insights-on-currentfuture-strategies/

Dryzen

12-09-2009

Quote:
Lockedbob:
@ Dryzen playing tryn w/o cleanse is dumb.

Ok so u have someone stun him, force him to waste his cleanse, wait 2 seconds, then silence and execute. Every character has their use. So your not racking up kills with a support. You're not supposed to. A supports job is to do just that. Support. Help the carrys push lanes and try to turn the tide of a team battle when you can.

Edit: Another example. When I'm playing Evelynn if i try to go One on One with a tank I'm gonna get rocked. Thats not her job. Eve's job is to drop the squishier players on the other team. Just gotta know what your capable of. If someone buys oracle i adjust. Everything has a counter.

Cyatomorrow

12-09-2009

I'm sure most of the top-500 players will agree that Soraka and Taric are very good heroes, despite what you may think.

immp

12-09-2009

i played support/heal alot in prerotate/week1,really dig sorokas team heal and tarics stun

so how about some common ground balancing here ?
Make an ITEM that removes or ignores 'reduce incoming healing' for champ skills *not summoner spells*.
OR an item that defends against the RIH debuff,this way ppl will trade a gear spot if they WANT to be protected.There could be several different items with different bonus' and the protection effect to make it viable

We have an item that causes an on hit ailment so maybe we should have items that deal with those ailments in an equally effective manner

Dryzen

12-09-2009

Quote:
immp:
Make an ITEM that removes or ignores 'reduce incoming healing' for champ skills *not summoner spells*.
deal with those ailments in an equally effective manner

Wouldnt that belt they just added remove that? The one with the cleansing effect?

gutter

12-09-2009

Quote:
immp:
i played support/heal alot in prerotate/week1,really dig sorokas team heal and tarics stun

so how about some common ground balancing here ?
OR an item that defends against the RIH debuff,this way ppl will trade a gear spot if they WANT to be protected.There could be several different items with different bonus' and the protection effect to make it viable

We have an item that causes an on hit ailment so maybe we should have items that deal with those ailments in an equally effective manner

This sounds like taking medication to deal with the side effects of other medication...

...I mean what next? "In the next patch we will be implementing an item that allows your abilities to bypass Banshee's Veil". Well that's no good.

The fact that the opponent felt the need to spend thousands of gold just to reduce the effect of your occasional heals is practically a victory in itself, especially since you have so many other tools at your disposal.

Labomba

12-09-2009

I main soraka and my 5 man loves her. Silence is by far more valuable late game than her heal is anyway. Silence allows team battles to go much easier, as you can shut down any dangerous ults, tosses, knock backs, etc that generally wreck a team's foothold. Also, the mana return to key dps players is nice. I usually run with a Corki and I'm constantly feeding mana his way as he lays waste down a lane.

As for high ELO play, I'm always watching videos of a soraka present on the team. check out some of the vids on solomid.net and see for yourself that someone is playing Soraka...