A typical high-Elo game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AeonMax

12-09-2009

Would be interested to have a description or two of a typical high-Elo game...

At what point do you stop the lane phase and form up into a roaming squad?
Do you wait around in the brush until an opportunistic kill wanders by?
Do you avoid towers and minions to stay off the opposing teams mini-map?
Do you bait the other team by having one teammate pop up on their mini-map?
Do you plant vision wards around the jungle (assuming no Teemo)?

etc...

Aldy

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonMax View Post
Would be interested to have a description or two of a typical high-Elo game...

etc...
My elo isnt that high but i can answer you the question from three years of DotA and some (700+) HoN games + LoL (50+), but I am not really a pro and those are just some my experiences:

1.)
- depends
-> in those games mentioned above usally the one who is mid runs around ganking (top/bot)
-> as a general timeline to watch out for ganks (from the one who is mid) in LoL is Lev 4+
-> when the first tower is down/around Lev 10

2.)
- depends:
-> if u try to gank somebody then yes
-> if no such situation arises or is to far away or you need money/xp (which you must of the time do) then i wouldnt wast the time
-> what hero you got (some need more items to function and some are designed to gank/push)

3.)
- common sense? If you are trying to kill somebody/ then surprise is your best friend.
- even if you are escaping its viable

4.) "It's a trap!"
- viable strategy
- but doesnt always work (twisted fate, wards, stealth heros for example)
- you need vent/teamspeak

5.) Yes, you do. To avoid those ganks mentioned above. At least i do it. Just think about it: Its an inbuilt maphack for some small amounts of gold.

AFKray

12-09-2009

Pretty much breaks down in the "coordinated" games to this. I say that because I still have games which could easily be played like on Noobie island. Anyway looks something like this.

Early level 1 rune buff for your carry or solo laner. This gives them the edge and the potential first blood. Huge advantage to start the snowball effect.

Next people go into lanes for a bit. Once the solo lane gets about 6, is when you see some real ganking action starting. Most often you have some sort of ward in the river or if they have a jungler/ around their runes. The river on the new map helps with controlling the dragon, a HUGE thing. The level/gold advantage is what wins games.

Usually when a team gets the gold/level advantage and takes over the map. (this is when they control the dragon/runes) then your team will often go into Roving Mode. This is when you run around as a 3 to 5 man gank squad and look to prey on stragglers in the jungle or in their lanes to even the level gap.

Coordinating tower diving is also a big factor. Towers are pretty much a non-factor now and manipulating its AI is pretty easy. This usually entails having your tank taking the action while your team goes into position, usually by boxing the enemy into their tower and then punishing at once. Taking out towers is also a big thing as it allows you better control the map as well.

Aside from that and looking for an ACE to set up a Baron attempt is basically how it breaks down. But to sum it up, Map Control wins games. This allows for better ganking, denying them exp/gold, and control of the dragon/runes. Remember, if both teams are roving the map they are not farming. Therefore, the team who controls the neutrals is the only one really gaining the exp/gold.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

lolreplays.com

Not all are high ELO, but most are, I believe.

runon4ever

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
lolreplays.com

Not all are high ELO, but most are, I believe.
F*** that.

solomid.net < is where its at. Hit the Livestream tab and get viewing. You will find lots of Council

members have their matches put up on the site, including all of AoN.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

-lvl 1, 5-man gank sometimes on golem/lizard king/dragon areas
-back to lane right after
-lvl 6 in mid = gank start on side
-lvl 8-9 = lots of ganks
-lvl 11-12 = 5 man squads common

-only if they come soon.
-generally wait in brush if it also means denying other team exp.
-for example, if enemy has low hp and the minions are halfway between the lane, hide in brush and go toward them so enemy side can't get exp.
-waiting in brush and doing nothing for no reason is a bad idea.

-nope.
-if enemy hero is near the tower, go for minions but try to only go for last hits. minimal danger, maximum profit.
-if enemy hero is not present, aim for tower if your minions will take the damage. last hit on enemy minion is still a good idea.

-i bait the other team by labeling myself as bait.
-but seriously, depends on the sitaution. if there's a 5-man roaming gank squad, definitely not. if everybody's spread out, a little scouting is sometimes okay.
-rule of thumb, don't die.

-not really. main planting area = behind dragon, try not to get it popped, you want it for the vision. baron is a great place too.
-rather than jungle, you mine the common escape paths like the intersection between enemy jungle and river. you also mine the allied escape paths so allies can escape more easily. such as your jungle and intersection.

Slurpy

12-09-2009

- Really depends on how the game is going. With how weak towers are now, it is beneficial to stay laning later. However, when people start going for ganks/team objectives it kind of seamlessly transitions into a roaming 5man gank squad that also pushes. This gank squad is by no means rigid either, sometimes people break off and go lane real quick or jungle. Usually occurs 8-9, and then by level 11 mostly 5-man.

- These famed brush fights are generally not true. Most of the time you are on the map pushing or jungling. Sitting around in brush is not as common, especially with wards. The only time it becomes a sitting around in the brush or staying out of sight is when it gets very close and a lost team battle could mean a lost inhibitor/baron or worst case, game.

- Only in the above example where it is very tight and potentially late enough that a long respawn would be a huge detriment. Getting the jump on a team and having better positioning is essential.

- Sometimes, however this rarely works in high elo. The exception, however, is that there are many clueless players at high elo, that really make you wonder how they got there. These people are easily baited

- Common (and almost necessary depending on the game) places to put wards are dragon and baron. Secondary locations are the neutral buffs.

HickstyleZ

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFKush View Post
Pretty much breaks down in the "coordinated" games to this. I say that because I still have games which could easily be played like on Noobie island. Anyway looks something like this.

Early level 1 rune buff for your carry or solo laner. This gives them the edge and the potential first blood. Huge advantage to start the snowball effect.

Next people go into lanes for a bit. Once the solo lane gets about 6, is when you see some real ganking action starting. Most often you have some sort of ward in the river or if they have a jungler/ around their runes. The river on the new map helps with controlling the dragon, a HUGE thing. The level/gold advantage is what wins games.

Usually when a team gets the gold/level advantage and takes over the map. (this is when they control the dragon/runes) then your team will often go into Roving Mode. This is when you run around as a 3 to 5 man gank squad and look to prey on stragglers in the jungle or in their lanes to even the level gap.

Coordinating tower diving is also a big factor. Towers are pretty much a non-factor now and manipulating its AI is pretty easy. This usually entails having your tank taking the action while your team goes into position, usually by boxing the enemy into their tower and then punishing at once. Taking out towers is also a big thing as it allows you better control the map as well.

Aside from that and looking for an ACE to set up a Baron attempt is basically how it breaks down. But to sum it up, Map Control wins games. This allows for better ganking, denying them exp/gold, and control of the dragon/runes. Remember, if both teams are roving the map they are not farming. Therefore, the team who controls the neutrals is the only one really gaining the exp/gold.

holy **** finally man thank you MAP CONTROL MAP CONTROL MAP CONTROL holy **** lets see if some ignorant ****s can read this thread.

whats better having bot and top at enemy base while enemy is pushing ur mid.
or having top and bot at ur base and be pushing enemy mid.

i think ill take have top and bot at enemy base and be pushing mid lol.!