Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr the viable [discussion] [item guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

Recruiter

12-09-2009

Quote:
SonicTheHedgedawg:
-His early game is NOT utterly terrible. It's one of the worse early games out there, but it isn't pathetically bad. And if he lanes with someone like soraka or taric, he has no problem

-inferior maybe. but inferior is a far cry from USELESS

that's pretty funny.
yes, udyr is not HORRIBLE, he's just pretty **** bad.

seriously though, udyr is okay.
i can understand why a rod of ages might appear to work, he does need mana and hp. the ap isn't smart though.

catalyst is jsut good on anybody and any item build from catalyst seems to be good as a result.

he's okay if you play him well. i'd put him somewhere near the middle. i just don't like how he's not a good harasser. he's a decent jungler though.

Zoobi

12-09-2009

Nope he's terrible. The only thing he offers to team battles is the pathetic one second stun if he's using tank items, and if he's using dps items and he'll be so squishy he dies in 1 second flat. He's by far the worst champion in the game at the moment, even Warwick's buggy ass ult makes him better than Udyr and he's a faster jungler to boot.

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-09-2009

Quote:
PerfectionLost:
IMHO the way to fix him is to actually give him an ultimate. If he had one stance that was substantially better then the rest--aka it was ultimate--he would stand a chance. In the meantime he has 4 regular skills that don't set him appart from any other hero.

giving him an ultimate stance would take away the point of Udyr... he would never swap out of that stance