having trouble with Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

12-09-2009

ok so here is an update

After an evening of losing...losing...losing, I finally started picking up my game. I think I am getting the hang of Kassadin's style now. I am ADD and impatient and like to be as daring as possible, but that is not how Kassadin plays. I am having alot more success being basically death for people who try to escape it...nobody can ever run away from me. I am thinking of picking up clairvoyance so I can pick off these stragglers even easier.

I am also essentially running in, Q and E, and porting out, waiting for Q to be off cd (usually E is back up by then too), and repeating. After the teamfight, whether we win or lose, I pick off the stragglers. After getting this down, I have gotten godlike in 3 consecutive games, and always end up with least number of deaths. I would have soo many more kills too if i didnt get KS'd by ashe/yi with 3445435341354332 attack speed. So I end fights with something like 9-10 kills, 1-2 deaths, and like 18 assists. I think I need to work on getting the killing blow more, because it was severely impacting my ability to enough gold for my items. I cant run around farming creeps efficently without blowing all my mana on rift walk stacks, unlike ashe/yi.

I followed thesenate's advice and stacked rod of ages, except after 2 rods, I go for zhonya's ring. I start catalyst, then get boots of mobility (love them), and then start stacking Rod of Ages. after 2 rod of ages, I am pretty ****ing tough, and start building towards Zhonya's Ring. By my first or second blasting rod on Zhonya's, the game is typically over.

My only qualm with stacking Rod of Ages is even though I have an a$$load of hp/mana, I am ****ping out on armor. I dont even mind casters much, their damage tickles my 3600hp, as its all cooldown based. But Yi/Trynd rip me a new one. I am only to just barely blink out of range and run with my boots of mobility with like 100 health. 1v1, if I see them I just split as soon as I can.

Thats basically my experience thus far

oron

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster View Post

My only qualm with stacking Rod of Ages is even though I have an a$$load of hp/mana, I am ****ping out on armor. I dont even mind casters much, their damage tickles my 3600hp, as its all cooldown based. But Yi/Trynd rip me a new one. I am only to just barely blink out of range and run with my boots of mobility with like 100 health. 1v1, if I see them I just split as soon as I can.

Thats basically my experience thus far
if you see one of these running at you just null sphere and RW to the otherside of a wall. (staying near walls will help Tons with survival) Use the couple of seconds you just bought yourself to judge how much dmg you just did to them and how much dmg you think they could do to you (always assume it's going to be the max they can output) and decide whether to simply RW past a few more walls and run away or to juggle them around the wall until they either run away or you nuke them to death. also be weary of your mana pool, Tears of the Goddess can work wonders if bought early, giving you a ridiculous amount of mana later in the game, though getting it as your first item isn't always the best choice depending on what you're laned against

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

Yeah. At certain points, you can outplay physical carries like Yi, if you time everything perfectly. In most situations though? Avoid him like the plague. Remember though, Kassadin's mobility allows you to outplay the fast majority of other champions. The biggest threat to Kassadin are tanks.