Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

having trouble with Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razerwind

12-09-2009

Quote:
Sniperness:
Well first of all I don't think anyone can 1hko combo someone with just 200 AP.

Cho'Gath can, or come really really close. nom nom

The Senate

Recruiter

12-09-2009

Quote:
Razerwind:
Cho'Gath can, or come really really close. nom nom

Sion can too.

lemel

12-09-2009

Well i would recommend Lich bane, it works as if you get sheen early you can do a large chunk of damage as your attack is higher then your AP at the start then when you build your ap you can turn it into a lich bane and then your hit after a spell does your ap and that when blink comes in real handy. Blink, hit, silence, hit, slow, hit, blink, hit and that should finish it. My problem when i play with kassadin is that what HP item i should get since this week every game is temmo and his poison so annoying

ÔverKill

12-09-2009

Here are my suggestion Kassadin is my main Hero I never farm creeps with Null Sphere ever. I use Null Sphere to harass and harass it shall you should always solo as Kassadin there is no reason not to.
Start out with 200+ mana item Saphire Crystal. You want to get Catalyst as fast as possible costs around 1350 gold. once you have this there is no reason to leave your lane except to buy items. After Catalyst get the Blasting Wand, than go for your boots I usually go for Boots of Mobility unless they have a teemo than you should get Mercury Treads. Because the summoner spells you want are Ignite and Teleport if you dont use Teleport than get Cleanse and than you dont need mercury treads. after getting those 2 items Go ahead and build Void Staff after that get build Rylais Cepter depending on your level before you get Rylais you might want to finish of getting Rod of Ages from your blasting wand and catalyst. the last item you get is Abyssal Cepter I usually never get the last Item but if you get that far last item to get should be lich bane.

PS: also start with 2 health potions. if you have questions feel free to send me a PM in LoL.

pps: the only time you should hit creeps with null sphere is when no one is in your lane and you have a Catalyst. BTW I love fighting ashe who thinks they can lane against a Kassadin and end up feeding me making me out level everyone on the map by lvl 6-8 you should have Catalyst and boots and you should be ganking the people who need the help so top or bot best way to catch them off guard is to recall to base and head through the bushes to your 1-2 kills .

Bait

Recruiter

12-09-2009

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=34226

there, wrote a guide.

xXDARKLORDBANEXx

Recruiter

12-09-2009

i recently bought kassassin as well with all my IP and I've found it to be very worthwhile. As long as you are level 10+ you can invest in utility to get more mana regeneration and experience, which will help you get started early game with kassassin.

I typically get smite and fortify for easy farming but any combination of tele/smite/fort/heal would be fine as well.

To play kassassin well you are going to have to be a good farmer as he is very mana dependent. A sapphire for mana and some HP pots is nice off the start but a ruby crystal works great as well, as long as you have regen in your masteries/runes.

Null sphere's use depends on the type of people you are laning against. If they have lots of hp regen then null sphere isn't usually worth it. If one of their heroes does not have regen than hitting them often is a great idea, otherwise it is better to last hit creeps from a distance to conserve hp.

An item that I have been using that i haven't seen much on him is frozen heart/glacial shroud. The mana is my favourite part about it and the reduced CDs and 110 armor seem to throw people off. Having riftwalks cooldown 1s less or more helps alot and so does mltiple spheres per fight. I find myself escaping from a lot of fight at low heal after "blowing my load" where without the armor i would have died. Definately try the frozen heart out.

also, take the golem buffs as much as possible. They are INCREDIBLE

GENERAL NUTBAKED

12-09-2009

Thanks alot for the advice guys, I just got home and will do my best now.

DoctorZoidberg

12-09-2009

this is actually quite interesting mainly because i always stack AP like 200 and im usually able to kill back creeps and take on full opponents, just remember Q>W>R attack and attack and if your on low health just rift out of there

Joru

12-09-2009

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this already, but are you getting Zhonya's Ring as your first AP item? Never get Zhonya's Ring as your first AP item. It's not cost-effective until you have a lot of AP already for the passive to feed off of, and it gives no survivability, which Kassadin needs pretty badly what with jumping right into peoples' faces on purpose and all. Something like a Rod of Ages is a better choice.

ShloobeR

12-09-2009

Ok... I think you may be rushing Zhonyas a bit too early...

In my opinion, Zhonya's ring is the icing on the cake and not something you should rush for early... it's VERY tempting to get for that massive AP boost but the passive gives you an instant percentage boost that you can't take advantage of without other items.

I typically start of with Doran's Ring because that lets me last hit creeps VERY easily with null sphere...
but this is something that depends on your lane, if you're facing a difficult lane early on you will be forced to farm with Null sphere (vs 2x ranged) or something, if you have an easier lane, use null sphere to harass the enemy with the least health regen while you grab last hits with melee, Kassadins melee attack is pretty badass early on, he can do some good damage.
if you grab the ring and a health pot you can be set quite early on (I Always grab Smite/Tele or Clarity/Tele)...

so my typical build order is
Dorans
Catalyst
Rod of Ages
Tear
Archangels Staff
Zhonyas Ring

I will stick in Sheen and Boots depending on the opponents... but the RoA + Archangel combo gives you a mana stock that will not deplete quickly in a fight...

Oh and... AAAALWAYS kill the golem for his buff, it's a godsend