Dumb question - But I don't know macs!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slinkadynk

05-03-2013

My 9 year old daughter has a mac (her mother bought it for her) and decided she wants to play LoL with me on it. So we downloaded the client, and she started the tutorial game.

However, the first step is "Right click to move to location X"

But the Mac only has a single button, and clicking with it doesn't make her move.

I've NEVER used Macs in my life - diehard PCer all my 32 years (fiancee is a mac girl... ugh!) so I really don't know how to make it work. If anyone could help me out or point me in the direction of help I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks, so much!!

Turbey

05-03-2013

If you're using the magic mouse, then I'm pretty sure you can enable right click in settings. or you can connect a different mouse to the usb ports on the mac. If you're using the touchpad, then you click it with two fingers. I hope that helps

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-03-2013

As Turbulence32 mentioned, you can configure right click on the apple mouse or trackpad under System Preferences > Mouse / Trackpad.

On all macs, ctrl+click is also right click.

That said, you'll both probably be a lot happier with a normal 2 button mouse, just dig one up and plug it in and you'll be good to go.

slinkadynk

05-03-2013

Thank you both for your quick and friendly responses.

I don't happen to have a spare mouse, but work at a place I can buy one and work tomorrow morning so I'll grab one then.

Thanks again, both of you. Very awesome indeed. I love this community!!