Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The steep newbie learning curve

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sefam

Recruiter

12-09-2009

I am new to this game, and I am sure a huge load of other players are.

Having played DotA for a long time, playing the game is not my problem. But I am limited by my knowledge of said game. I know what my champion and a few champions in the game can do and sometimes, that royally screws me over. Same goes for items.

What is the most convenient way to learn what every item and every hero does?

Bait

Recruiter

12-09-2009

to use them all.
or you can look here:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champions/index

D2Freak

12-09-2009

Quote:
Bait:
to use them all.
or you can look here:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champions/index

So true... Although its a lot of work to master all champions, you can start with the most popular ones.. In almost every game you will find an Ashe, Master Yi, Jax or Teemo. If you play with these chars u will get their weaknesses very soon and very clear .

banduan

12-09-2009

you can also try leaguecraft

http://leaguecraft.com/

lists all champs and items and a builder, and more up to date than the current site.

fishbutt2

12-09-2009

Twitch! You get some time to watch! Or ranged, mostly its dps or stuns. Singe / blitz move you in some games, but that's about it.

Tanking works too, your disadvantage comes from everyone playing the beta. A lot of the characters are dota like.

Fuertisimo

12-09-2009

What I did when I first got the open beta was play 1 game with every hero. Took me a while but I learned at least in a very general sense what each one was capable of. Along the way you start to pick up and favor certain items.

Once you have it in your mind what hero you want to try and make your first IP purchased one, you can start thinking about what runes you're going to buy and figure out an item build that works for you. I've actually had a lot of success with guide posted builds here on the forums.

Joru

12-09-2009

I started this game without ever having touched DotA, but reading all the Champion entries in the official index (to learn their abilities) and, over time, a bunch of guides on this forum (to learn about items and strategies, mainly) taught me everything I needed to know pretty quickly.

MrScrub

12-09-2009

This thread is win seems like you're getting the hang of things

Rezialn

12-09-2009

It's not that steep. It's just something you get good at with experience.

Riot aBhorsen

Recruiter

12-10-2009

I found planning your hero using leaguecraft.com helped me get a much better understanding of heroes and items.

Start by building a good setup with each of the current "unlocked" heroes. That way you'll have a basic knowledge of how to play the heroes your more likely to be facing this week so you'll have an idea of their strengths/weaknesses.