How does grass works?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

I like the mechanic of being able to hide in tall grass. But I'd like to know how this mechanic works.

As in

Do the enemy see you if he gets in the grass?
Are you still visible in said grass?
Do you have a limited time in the grass?
Is there a way to juke enemies around the grass?

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

You can see out of the grass.
You cannot see into the grass if you're outside the grass.
If the enemy is in the grass with you, both of you will see each other.
You can stay in the grass as long as you want, but you won't be getting much gold that way.
You can juke one champ easily using grass (running in, then popping out a different way). It probably won't help you much if you're at a severe disadvantage. Champs with wide area skill shot (like Ashe) will probably fire blindly in there and hit you anyway as well.
Against multiple champs, they'll just surround the grass and rush you. You can buy a few precious seconds for your teams though.
If you have Blink on cooldown, you can also blink into a different grass patch and hopefully buy enough time to get away.

Joru

12-09-2009

Additional notes:

• Creeps will lose aggro on you if you enter the grass.
  • If you attack while in the grass (even if it's just creeps), you become visible.
  • If nobody is in any grass, but two people are on opposite sides of a wall of grass, you can't see each other (grass blocks line of sight).
  • I'm not sure what happens if you attack across that kind of sight barrier of grass with a teammate or creep spotting for you. I assume you'd become visible, but I'm not sure.
  • If you do a blink-type ability while in the grass, they see the vanishing animation. I'm not sure if they also see the appearing animation, since blink-juking with brush is generally utilized in conjuntion with the line-of-sight barrier behavior anyway, which renders it moot in that context.

Rahler

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
Additional notes:
  • I'm not sure what happens if you attack across that kind of sight barrier of grass with a teammate or creep spotting for you. I assume you'd become visible, but I'm not sure.
Attacking always grants line of sight to the attacker, that's why you can see TF and gangplank for a bit when they use their ults.

Bait

12-09-2009

some people have problem with brush mechanics if their video card is set to minimal.

i think medium+ texture gives the stealth animation and low texture does not.

if you have the stealth animation in grass, it should be fairly easy to figure out.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

12-10-2009

tall grass makes you invisible to the enemy team unless you attack.
enemies getting into your patch of tall grass will allow both of you to see each other.
taking damage in the tall grass makes you visible.

Atrius

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
Additional notes:
  • If you attack while in the grass (even if it's just creeps), you become visible.
If you attack from grass I believe you are visible for 4 seconds and then become invisible again.