Why this game isn't viral

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snig

12-09-2009

I would enjoy and play this game a lot more if I could play with my real life friends, regardless of their skill level and have fun games where we win half of them.

Currently the matchmaking for players at the top is such that when they Q with friends they get paired against top 50 players still. Even though their friends are really low elo.

I understand why this happens. It is however not worth the trade off. You prevent padding and in return the game doesn't promote playing with friends.

This is why I stopped playing this game. It was gradual at first, I didn't even realize I didn't want to play with my friends anymore because I always lose. Literally 100% of the games. Now I will swap to whatever new game me and my friends enjoy playing together, be it an MMO or TF2, or SC2 etc.

I will still play solo occasionally but that doesn't keep people coming back.

Snig.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-09-2009

There are practice games, which you can enjoy with your friends. Not saying you're wrong; just saying you have an option and you aren't using it.

IS138d309a4fea569e777b5

12-09-2009

or smurf

Cresil

12-09-2009

Get better friends...Its all about DA GAIMEZ

Autern

12-09-2009

You'd leave LoL for TF2? Because you lose all the time in LoL? That's funny.

Gigarayzor

12-09-2009

Yeah, as it stands you can't really play normal games with friends. If you can talk them into solo queuing until they're as high as you, that's your best bet, but honestly you've got a better chance at TF2.

Fireseal

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHeimer View Post
or smurf
Even with a smurf account, queueing with friends kicks you out of newbie island, so your friends are up against people that are going to destroy them. There really isn't a good way to introduce friends outside of practice games.

I've introduced a few friends and it's been a pain getting them up to speed just because of the competition.

Decae

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireseal View Post
Even with a smurf account, queueing with friends kicks you out of newbie island, so your friends are up against people that are going to destroy them. There really isn't a good way to introduce friends outside of practice games.

I've introduced a few friends and it's been a pain getting them up to speed just because of the competition.
bot game first so they can learn extreme basics and the power of items.

then "noob only" practice games

then finally, when they know how not to feed and maybe some basics, match making time.

all on a smurf of course.

GNOY

12-09-2009

I wish I and my friends were queued VS Reginald's team. Even if they stomp us. Too sad we play mostly on EU, well at least they finally implementing new patch there, allelujah

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

12-09-2009

I play with my irl friends all the time.

It's called smurfing, and it's really not that hard to do!

Not to mention you work at building up a second account, which can be useful for any number of things (as MCHeimer will show us).