Runes??? help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

djemba97

11-13-2010

what kind of runes l need to buy for malazahar????
abilitz power and what more????

R66Y

11-13-2010

CDR and magic pen would both work well on him I would think.
HP is always useful early game

xpsychedelico

11-13-2010

Ability power runes are also good, Malzahar has some really good AP ratios and with enough AP at the start, you can easily clear creep waves with E. You definitely want MPen Marks and possibly CDR or AP/level Glyphs. As for Seals, you want to get mana regen/level. I suggest Flat Hp quints, you may want to mix in some Flat Ap quints as well.

http://runeterra.com/forums/index.php?topic=1137.0

djemba97

11-13-2010

thanks

Uncle Gazpacho

11-13-2010

If I were you I'd go with

Magic Pen Reds
Mana Regen per lvl yellows
Flat CDR blues
Flat Health Quints (These are the best rune purchase in the game. There is literally NO champion that does not benefit from an extra hundred health at the start of each match)

That being said, I wouldn't bother with runes until level 20. In fact, save all your IP from levels 1-20 and buy your runes at level 20 in order of importance (basically buy the most expensive ones you're going to use first, in this case, you'd be getting your quints, then the blues, then the reds, then the yellows. You should have enough for everything and still have some IP left over), because the bonuses from lower level runes are pretty negligible since they do less and you have fewer open slots. The advantage you gain from having a full rune page (or at least as full as it can be) at level 20 are far outweighed by the "disadvantage" of not have runes until level 20. I put disadvantage in quotes because, as someone who bought runes on the way up, I can tell you they're not going to help you much at all. They're not going to save you from getting killed 95% of the time, and honestly, it's better to play without a crutch and get good than it is to not die that 5% of the time instead of dying, learning from it, and not making that mistake, whatever it is that you did, in the future.