Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trying New Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breidr

11-12-2010

Forget winning... forget even playing skillfully for that matter. I've decided to dedicate my saturday to learning. When I get back up in a few hours I'm going to do nothing but play games with the free champions and try to branch out from the 2 I've played EVERY game with. I don't want to become to relient on a small pool of champions. Plus, what better way to know what a champion can do. I've played Ashe, Tristana, Garen, and Kayle. I'm very familiar with Kayle and Tristana seems to be my worst Champion (Not good at mid/carrying, I like to have a partner and support). Given that information can anyone give me a basic rundown of the free champions and how they work. I also have access to the champions in the collectors pack if you want to include some of them. I figure I get ip either way, so no matter what I'll be closer to my Sona .

Memorylame

11-13-2010

Good plan...I think that trying new champs as often as you can is very beneficial.....eventually you'll likely own them all and to be proficient with a large amount of them will give you all the more strength as a teammate....personally I am decent with every champ in the game other than Soraka, Annie, Karthus, TF and I've never tried LeBlanc whereas most people are decent w/ 5 or 6 champs.....@ champ select I have many many many options, I could even let my team choose my champ XD

Stillhart

11-13-2010

There's a great sticky in this forum with a rundown of all the champs. It's a LITTLE out of date but it should be pretty good still whe it comes to the champs in the Collector's Pack.

I suggest learning some of each type of champ first. Try Rammus and Shen (free) and Amumu (if you have him) for tanks. Try Taric and Zilean and Janne (free or free often) for support. Try TF, Twitch, Ahse and Sivir (collectors pack and free often) for ranged dps. Try jungling with Shaco and WW (see if you can pull it off at your level). Karthus and Annie and Anivia are great mages. Kassadin, Katarina, Akali for assasins. And beefy dps... I'm running out of ideas, but you get the idea...