What to do when your mates won't stop rushing in?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5pak

11-12-2010

I normally play Teemo and prefer to stay away from the front line. But the last game I played, everyone was either ranged or dps and locked in, so it was up to me to carry the tank weight. I'm terrible at tanks so I picked Taric because I've used him before and I know his survivability is good. I started the game by laning with an Akali, against a Heim and a Shen.

At first things were ok. Akali and I hung back, let the creeps push up against our tower. I healed us as we got hurt, tried to take the blows when they went after her. But it wasn't after, at most, two waves hit our tower that she started pushing hard. I hadn't even bped once yet. As soon as Heim or Shen came in view, she'd harass em until they lost half their life then rush them. She once chased Heim almost to their second tower with the first one still up. More often as not, this got her killed.

Now, this isn't a rant against this Akali player, because as the game went on, ALL of my teammates were doing the same thing. They'd all file in one after the other in "teammatches" where we wouldn't even have a chance to fight as a team since half were already dead. And there I was, the support/tank, suppose to the be the first one in but having no clue what to do because everyone was suicide bombing these ganks. I'd say not run in or to defend, but they'd keep rushing. And I just didn't know what to do. If I hung back, they'd drop like flies and I'd be left alone to defend a lane against a gank team looking for an ace. If I joined in, we were both dead but we might get one of their guys down before we went.

I'm not used to tanks (as I said) and try to avoid them. But in a situation like that, what's the best approach? I know it takes teamwork to win, but when you're team seems hell-bent on "rush rush rush" what are your options?

Mentono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

did you try talking to them? some players are just really bad and won't even listen. in that case it depends on what you want to do... you can join in the mindless diving and trade kills 1 for 2 or you can just hang back and make ur score look half decent.

personally i'd just hang back..... noobs will be noobs.

Painaid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

The best you can do is talk to them. The problem you're experiencing is a major part of learning how the game works. When I first came to LoL I was guilty of the same problem because I wasn't used to the "cat-and-mouse" style that it was.

Since LoL is so team oriented, there's not much you yourself can do aside from talking to them and trying to get them to allow you to initiate team fights and that they should not go in until you do.

As another solution, if you actually like tanking, you can play/buy a better tank other than Taric. Pick a tank that has a very good initiation, such as Amumu (Bandage toss + Ult), Rammus (Powerball + Taunt), or even Galio (Flash + Ult). If you can get the upperhand by initiating you'll have much better results.

And as a Teemo player myself, I understand your frustration. He's a very passive champ. But that isn't to say he isn't good at what he does. But if you're tired of your teammates making silly mistakes, your best bet is to buy a good initiator. But even then, you can't prevent players from tower diving and making dumb mistakes such as those.