Protip #1 (from a non pro)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiver

12-08-2009

This is mainly to solo queue players, as precons generally have more sense.

TALK. Talk to teammates. plan out ganks, talk about pushes/dragon/baron/lizard or golem/lane changing. Talk about who is getting aegis and who is getting starks. Talk about warding baron or common gank areas. Talk Talk Talk. I have said this a lot on this forum, but for some reason I'll solo queue and deal with guys who refuse to type or talk at all, and those are the games I lose. Skill is worth a lot, but RIOT proved that the advantage of planning and teamwork is overwhelming. The reason that premades of an ELO beat solo queue of the same ELO is because of what? They TALK. Communication and teamwork are worth so much more than individual skill. Talk. Simple enough. I know some people dont want to call mias, but if it helps prevent the other team from getting fed, would you do it? And even if you don't care, at least try and plan ganks or anything.

I've pretty much adopted the philosophy of typing to teammates, planning ganks, strats, and anything else. If a guy dies a few times in a lane, I ask if he wants to switch. The result I usually get is that they wont talk at all. Again, these are games we lose. I'll end up /all chatting that "X is a feeder, not good enough to type to teammates when they talk to him" and after about 30 minutes of this (if the game goes long enough) they finally give me ****, to which I respond "Why didn't you type 20 minutes ago and be a decent teammate", proving my point that they are not good enough to type to teammates about the game.

Remember, talk to your teammates. The advantage it gives a team is monumental. I've beat a lot of teams better than mine with good communication and planning, and lost to teams of scrubs because teammates werent good enough to talk to each other.

Again, not a pro, but come on. If you dont talk to your teammates, why even play? If you want to win (playing for fun is nice and all, but playing for fun and winning is even better) play like a teammate. You might even make some LoL friends. So yeah, if you're ever put on a team with me, for god's sake, talk. I hope you are good enough to do that.

Singed (and signed),

Fiver

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

o.O i've gotten through top tier games without talking... even while on vent.
i'm not helping am i?
((hides in corner))

dreamgame

12-09-2009

Gotta agree. I cant stand people who don't call mia. Leads to downfall.

Riot Exgeniar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

12-09-2009

Protip #0: Learn English for an English game so you can talk.

GNOY

12-09-2009

I gave up on talking to someone in solo queue. Most time they dont listen or have two fingers on both hands, so they cant type. This all usually ends in defeat.

I mean really - which part of word "b" dont you understand? (someone said it to noob which pushes too far into enemy territory, should I say he died to a gank then?).

Razerwind

12-09-2009

Yeah this is good advice. I hate when people on my team won't talk in the lobby or in-game. Communication matters more in this game than most.

RamboBatman

12-09-2009

I've found that even the most rudimentary signalling works wonders. I don't like to take the time to type actual words while playing but b, mia, brb, and the occasional ping are often enough to get your point across. I both hope and fear for the implementation of voice-chat. Communication is good but words aren't always attempts at communication. I've noticed that I'll lose 95% of games in which my teamates talk **** to each other, I wonder how bad this will get when ****-talking is only one keystroke away.

Fiver

12-09-2009

You are right. It doesn't take much in most games.

Quote:
b, mia, brb, and the occasional ping are often enough to get your point across.
Other things though are huge, like if someone is struggling in a lane. When I jungle, I know that if someone is having problems in a lane, I have to give up jungling for the game. Simple enough, but I need to know you need help. Little things, even just an occasional mia will win games.

Elad

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgame View Post
Gotta agree. I cant stand people who don't call mia. Leads to downfall.
I call mia when able, as it helps other teammates, but I have given up on expecting teammates to call mia when solo-queuing. Keeping an eye on the mini-map, playing slightly more conservatively then you would with a premade (with good communication), and developing better map/situation awareness is much more useful.

However, I think that missed mia calls are used way to much as an excuse for being caught out of position and for poor map/situation awareness by too many players.

Eadwyn

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
I gave up on talking to someone in solo queue. Most time they dont listen or have two fingers on both hands, so they cant type. This all usually ends in defeat.

I mean really - which part of word "b" dont you understand? (someone said it to noob which pushes too far into enemy territory, should I say he died to a gank then?).

Well I am a noob and the first time I saw my teeammate spamming "b" I though he was telling us all to teleport since that is the hotkey for teleport. So yeah that would be the part of the letter "b" I did not understand. However I did ask afterward in a calm period to what exactly it meant.