Learning to CS for non laners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pitchenka

05-15-2013

i think cs its not very cool. For example u Cs at Riven , u are really stupid , cause if riven haven't got any items your team will suck *** in late game. Thats why i hate a Cs!

milant88

05-16-2013

thx

Kalarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2013

get runaans and hydra

KingFIuffy

05-16-2013

yay

DarthOtaku

05-17-2013

Let me just preface this by saying that I'm in bronze, so I'm by no means an expert, these are simply things I've noticed over many, many games.

I think the methods of getting good cs really differ depending on what champion you're using and which lane you're in.
In bottom lane, for instance, you can focus more on last-hitting as opposed to harass or watching for ganks, because your support should be doing that for you, which can make it a little easier. Even then though, the champion you're using really changes things. Draven, for example, can dramatically speed up his farm using spinning axes, but then you have to adjust which targets you're hitting for the increased damage, as well as trying to catch the axes so you don't loose your tempo. However, this method is still largely AA based, they're just 'enhanced'. Then you have champs like Ezreal, who can easily weave in their abilities to achieve last hits easier (a quick mystic shot can easily make up for misjudging a last hit, or quickly downing a minions who's got too much hp for a single AA).

Mid lane and top lane is a little more complicated, because you not only have to farm, but also watch out for ganks, trade harass with your opponent and also look for kill opportunities, all by yourself, at the same time. This means you have to have more of an intuative sense about when your AA and abilities will last hit, as you can't afford to tunnel vision on creeps or be constantly checking hp of individual minions. It also becomes more about resource management. It costs you nothing to let off an AA as and ADC in bot lane, but you can often grab multiple cs at once as a mid-laner APC with a well-placed spell, at the cost of some mana that you might otherwise spend on harass or fighting. Of course, that goes out the window when laning with an alternate resource champ that has to manage differently (energy, rage, heat, etc.). Ideally, you should get to the point with a solo-lane champ that you can harass and farm all at once, often with the same action.

Tl;dr: The most important thing in getting cs is to know your champion. Know how much damage you can do with your AA and your abilities, along with your build, and practice until you've got it down to intuition.

Kaoticmagic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2013

its not just getting the cs...of course you got to get that gold, but if you hit the creeps too early with the max amount of health but still getting the cs...you will push your lane. with that in mind, you should be aiming to get the cs on that last sliver of health everytime so that your lane will not push as hard...this way you dont need to worry about ganks as much

Simon Senpai

05-19-2013

mmk lol

DamageDoctor

05-19-2013

tyhx

xDialtone

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamor View Post
It is possible to take the wraith camp between minion waves to get 100 CS without perfect CS.
He's just saying to use this method to practice last hitting.

Ryanmk

05-20-2013

Only hit a minon when they get to a spot you can one hit them, because if you hit them before it may take your attack speed while to hit them for the last hit.