Whiner's Megathread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cresil

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
Why would I -ever- waste my time on WoW"s PvP? The PvP in wow was added as an afterthought. Abilities balanced for use against bosses with 25million HP can never be balanced properly for use against something with 30k. If they did a complete PvE and PvP split and toned things wayyy down, maybe it might be competitive. (ignoring the fundamental flaw of rewarding people that have more time to play with better gear until such a point where you reach the plateau of gear level)

I smell a 1400 rated scrub nub

Autern

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresil View Post
You're giving him too much credit.

RyuuKitten

Recruiter

12-09-2009

Quote:
Try 0 rated. I don't arena, and I never will. It's a ****ing joke and anyone who's played a balanced PvP game will tell you the same.

Cresil

12-09-2009

Quote:
Try 0 rated. I don't arena, and I never will. It's a ****ing joke and anyone who's played a balanced PvP game will tell you the same.
That is extraordinarly funny, someone that doesn't even play arenas saying its inbalanced. Glad i stoppped playing that game.

Autern

12-09-2009

Quote:
Baddie McBadderson.

RyuuKitten

Recruiter

12-09-2009

Oh I did for a bit, long enough to realize that if you don't spend X time grinding out PvP gear you're at a serious disadvantage compared to those who did. That is a fundamental flaw with WoW's PvP - the playing field isn't level from the getgo, whoever has spent more time grinding baddies in BGs starts with better gear then you.

Further, abilities that deal large chunks of damage are balanced with 25M in mind, not 30K. The team play aspect is there I guess. CC the healer and burst donw the DPS takes a lot of coordination for a team of moneys, I spose. Overall WoW's PvP is a joke, and it always will be until they do a full PvP/PvE split, because if they tried to balance it properly right now the PvE people would drown the world in the amount of tears they would shed.

Xeekik

12-09-2009

I too play a game where gear and random number generator luck replace any and all skill needed.

Yes indeedy.

Cresil

12-09-2009

Quote:
Oh I did for a bit, long enough to realize that if you don't spend X time grinding out PvP gear you're at a serious disadvantage compared to those who did. That is a fundamental flaw with WoW's PvP - the playing field isn't level from the getgo, whoever has spent more time grinding baddies in BGs starts with better gear then you.
Fundamental flaw in WoW is that you have to grind gear. LMFAO that is the worst argument i've ever heard. In ANY MMO PvE or PvP you will be at a sever disadvantage if you don't farm for your gear.

There's no point in even arguing against you, i can tell from your responses that you don't know what your talking about.

Autern

12-09-2009

Quote:

Further, abilities that deal large chunks of damage are balanced with 25M in mind, not 30K. The team play aspect is there I guess. CC the healer and burst donw the DPS takes a lot of coordination for a team of moneys, I spose. Overall WoW's PvP is a joke, and it always will be until they do a full PvP/PvE split, because if they tried to balance it properly right now the PvE people would drown the world in the amount of tears they would shed.
Yeah. You're bad.

Truhls

12-09-2009

Quote:
Fundamental flaw in WoW is that you have to grind gear. LMFAO that is the worst argument i've ever heard. In ANY MMO PvE or PvP you will be at a sever disadvantage if you don't farm for your gear.

There's no point in even arguing against you, i can tell from your responses that you don't know what your talking about.
Not in Darkfall. You wreck people walking around naked, while they are in full gear.

And the problems with WoW's PvP is exactly what he stated. Its not a skill rating cap, its an X amount of time playing cap that determines skill level as gear means SO MUCH in WoW.

Team A can be 50% geared and have 75% skill level.

Team B can be 75% Geared at 50% skill level.

Team B wins Every time.