Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mac Bug when using ! in chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Col Frogfoot

05-10-2013

Finally haha

YoLittleSister

05-12-2013

hmm was the latest patch suppose to fix this bug? Because it's still happening I just want to spam !!!!!!! to express my emotions while yelling at my friends in game XD

RatB33

05-14-2013

Any ETA on a fix?!?! I cannot express myself with copious amounts of !'s....

YoLittleSister

05-14-2013

Quote:
RatB33:
Any ETA on a fix?!?! I cannot express myself with copious amounts of !'s....

I have temporarily adapted to using 11111 instead of !!! to make ppl think I just didn't press shift properly while typing like crazy XD !!!!

RatB33

05-15-2013

Quote:
YoLittleSister:
I have temporarily adapted to using 11111 instead of !!! to make ppl think I just didn't press shift properly while typing like crazy XD !!!!

haha,, this, I like!

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

05-15-2013

Quote:
YoLittleSister:

This is now my new method of expression. It's so awesome1111

Sorry for the lack of updates but I just got the word that we won't be hotfixing this out (but 3.7 is being polished and will be out soon(TM)). We ended up having to weigh the # of mac users experiencing large amounts of pain from this bug against potentially causing all mac players to have to patch again. Hotfixing poses problems when a player disconnect from game and there is a patch waiting for you. This not only ruins said player's experience but also the experience of 9 others in his game.

Mirror

05-15-2013

Here's what I look like in chat:

*pinging the enemy red buff as Xin walks past a ward, at half health*

Metron: xin at 5% health
Metron: *50%
[First Blood]
Metron: !
Metron: !
Metron: nice job guys.
Metron: &
Metron: &
Metron: let's drag and baron

Can you not hotfix at like 4:30 a.m.? Or are you saying it will be fixed in 3.7 (tonight)?

RatB33

05-15-2013

Does this mean that the 3.7 patch will contain this fix? If so, then that makes sense to me. I may still keep using 111 instead of !!! anyway. Its c00ler.

Fugglenuts

05-15-2013

Oh god, I just experienced this in a bot game when I was jokingly trying to encourage a team mate to go for the quadra in a bot game. I didn't know what was going on and tried to put the sentence in multiple times until I realized it was "!" causing all the problems.

Yvari

05-16-2013

!

...JK. I think Riot should invest in this. Its practically an anti-toxicity method. Im not toxic, naturally (:P), but someone's attitude seems a lot less threatening when its just "!" Or "gj dude". Those lack of exclamation marks change everything.

I feel for those who use copious amounts of exclamations marks with friendly intentions though.

!