About to hit that level 20 milestone. Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XSVpower

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

Hello community!

I am about to hit the level 20 mark and I am very conflicted. I rashly paid the 3150 IP for Leblanc the day she came out because she looked very fun (did not buy b.c people thought she was OP). Anyways, I used that 3150 IP that I would have used to get Mordekaizer.

Now I am level 19 and a half and I reallllly want to get Mord. However, I also know that I need to start compiling a rune page. I have about 3.7k IP saved up atm.

Now the Big Question:
Should I continue saving to get the rune page (do they really make that much of a difference?)?
OR
Should I buy Mord?

(I already own a couple fun heros: Blanc, Ken, Trist, Sona and Ashe)

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

Runepages make a difference, but you don't need to rush one, you still have time. You'll start feeling the need for a rune page after you've been level 30 for a week or two, so it would be good to have 14K saved (it will get you a full page).

However: my advice is: settle on a page you like now, and start buyin Tier 1 runes. They are very cheap. They cost 8% of T3 and give 56% of the stats. That way you'll have IP to use on champs and you won't be behind on runes. But most importantly: rune pages are personal. They reflect your playstyle. So I highly recommend you try a page first with T1 runes to see if it actually fits you, before you proceed with T3. Later on you'd be able to make better decisions, and if you're ever disappointed with what you choose, the T1 will only be a couple hundred IP lost =)

Bizarro Bike

11-12-2010

well, you're going to need a lot more than 4k IP for a rune page. i spent around 12k on mine when i hit level 20.

i think you should probably save your IP for runes; they're pretty important for higher level play.

also, have you played with Mord? i always tell people to play with champions before they buy them. they might not be quite what you expected.

EDIT: SomniumProxy has very sound advice. try out Tier 1 runes.

SuperWeeGee

11-12-2010

In my opinion, you should buy morde, 3150 won't be a huge difference in filling up your runebook if you buy T1. Just fill you book with T1s, play games with a champion you enjoy so it doesn't feel like grinding, and eventually save up for those coveted T3s.

As my reccomendation though, save up for T3 health quints. Even though 2k is a pretty steep price, they are invaluable at higher levels of play.

XSVpower

11-12-2010

Thanks all for the advice!

I ended up getting a tier 1 rune page and Mord! I forgot how cheap the T1 runes were and that they are 50% of T3. This is perfect for now!

Thanks again guys!

Stillhart

11-12-2010

I went with the delayed gratification route. Spent all my IP on runes and then spent every IP I earned for the next 2 weeks on more runes until I was all T3'd out. Now I can finally start saving for that next champ! I think it was worth it...

Also SuperWeeGee is a noob, don't listen to him!

XSVpower

11-12-2010

Not gonna lie, I went for instant gratification and Mord RAPES FACES!

My first game with him and the tier 1 runes sets I got a pentakill, and i was playing a premade with 4 of my level 30 friends against a full 30 premade!

Maybe they were really bad 30s with no rune pages, maybe not.

Still my mains are Kennen, and NOW Mordekaizer!