[Guide] Kayle - The Anti-Carry Angel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thalmodan

12-20-2009

I can vouch for this guide. I just played against Knuckles. Our carry was complaining about being out of XP, so we sent our teemo to try to solo against him and he died, so we send Kass and he died, multiple times and then Amumu went mid and he was harassed out of XP range.

Edailoth

12-20-2009

this guide is full of epic win, also note, this player is full of epic win so it may not work for everyone

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
Sheen->Lichbane
Lichbane is amazing on kayle, one of the best item synergys youll ever see with an AP Kayle. It turns kayle from a single target harasser to a dangerous AoE threat, with significantly
more powerful tower sieging capability which could be critical if your having a bit of a stalemate late game. Take full advantage of lichbanes ability while righteous fury is up, you should be
able to get about 2-3 lichbane procs during a righteous fury with proper use of divine blessing/reckoning.
This is misleading, someone would think you're implying that the Lich Bane proc damage splashes with Righteous Fury (it doesn't).

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant that the AP on Lich Bane makes Fury all that much stronger.

In any case, I mostly approve of the build. One thing I would contemplate is Nashor's Tooth instead of Deathfire. More cooldown reduction, more mana regen, and attack speed. I find that Deathfire is a bit lackluster, even if you're using it on a beefy tank, since magic resist mitigates most of the damage.

Knuckle

Recruiter

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyatomorrow View Post
This is misleading, someone would think you're implying that the Lich Bane proc damage splashes with Righteous Fury (it doesn't).

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant that the AP on Lich Bane makes Fury all that much stronger.

In any case, I mostly approve of the build. One thing I would contemplate is Nashor's Tooth instead of Deathfire. More cooldown reduction, more mana regen, and attack speed. I find that Deathfire is a bit lackluster, even if you're using it on a beefy tank, since magic resist mitigates most of the damage.
I wasn't trying to imply the lichbane did splash damage with the proc, however I thought it did, regardless it is one of the best items to use with righteous fury on a single target anyway, and the AP boost is excellent as well.

Deathfire grasp is indeed dated item in my guide, mejais soulstealer is going back in as my must have third item, as it is quite devestating when you farm enough kills/assists properly.

Nashors tooth is just too 'general' for my tastes, you can make Kayle 'ok' at AP, his attack speed 'ok' or his melee damage 'ok' if you focus on nashors, I'd rather ramp up his AP and use a lichbane for some nasty melee whacks with righteous fury(fully aware of the lichbanes cooldown).

Techtonic

12-22-2009

Wow great guide! I just tried it this afternoon and with some practice I annoyed the other team so much they tried to gank me multiple times xP
although I never tried Kayle so Im probably making some noob mistakes, I had more or less a stalemate with Ashe. She just kept her distance and spammed her arrow volley so By the time I forced her back home and denied her for a bit I had to heal too.

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
Deathfire grasp is indeed dated item in my guide, mejais soulstealer is going back in as my must have third item, as it is quite devestating when you farm enough kills/assists properly.

Nashors tooth is just too 'general' for my tastes, you can make Kayle 'ok' at AP, his attack speed 'ok' or his melee damage 'ok' if you focus on nashors, I'd rather ramp up his AP and use a lichbane for some nasty melee whacks with righteous fury(fully aware of the lichbanes cooldown).
I feel that if you remove Deathfire and not replace with Nashor's, you're missing out on cooldown reduction. The one thing that hasn't changed since beta is that CD reduction is essential for a Kayle that wants to chase. With it, you're able to chain Reckonings and keep your target permanently slowed.

PhoenixBomb

Recruiter

12-22-2009

If I'm not mistaken, they've fixed it now so that Righteous Fury does proc sheen/lich bane.

Knuckle

Recruiter

12-27-2009

Edited items list to reflect a more succesful build, included mejais soulstealer, removed deathfire grasp.

Knuckle

Recruiter

12-28-2009

Recommended item build revamped, difficult heros to face mid added at bottom of guide, more tweaks to come.

Vindictiv

12-28-2009

what would you do against a Nidalee that max her heal 1st. Its good farming power since it adds alot of attack speed and should pretty much negate reckoning. At 50 mana a pop she wont run oom and is range.