Thorn's anivia Live-stream channel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joru

11-13-2010

I was just watching your last game. If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, you should really consider not blowing Glacial Storm and Flash Frost at the same time at the very beginning of the fight unless you're SURE the extra couple hundred burst it gives you is going to score a kill. Frostbite is by far Anivia's most important damage ability, and it has a shorter cooldown than either of the other two. By not conserving a chill source to use later on, you're wasting Frostbite cooldowns and gimping your sustained damage pretty badly.

DdThOrN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
I was just watching your last game. If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, you should really consider not blowing Glacial Storm and Flash Frost at the same time at the very beginning of the fight unless you're SURE the extra couple hundred burst it gives you is going to score a kill. Frostbite is by far Anivia's most important damage ability, and it has a shorter cooldown than either of the other two. By not conserving a chill source to use later on, you're wasting Frostbite cooldowns and gimping your sustained damage pretty badly.
i know what you mean, but sometimes when i fight other chars, i panic and do stupid **** like that. I will try my hardest to play smart and not waste my frostbites. Thanks man i appreciate it!!!

Füher

11-13-2010

Iiiiiiichiiiiigooooooooo.

DdThOrN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2010

bump, for one more game

DdThOrN

11-14-2010

is streaming time, fasten your seat belts, get your popcorn because you guys are going on a freezing drive :]

DdThOrN

11-14-2010

demacia

hypershatter

11-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
you should really consider not blowing Glacial Storm and Flash Frost at the same time at the very beginning of the fight unless you're SURE the extra couple hundred burst it gives you is going to score a kill. .
thats not always true. if u are fighting with any physical carry in close range, u have to keep glacial storm on to avoid getting owned, unless u r sure u can burst him down before he burst u down.

glacial storm gives 20% aoe aspd slow. i was fighting olaf with massive lifesteal 1v1 and only got to kill him with glacial storm on. this holds true against master yi, trynd, and so on.

Joru

11-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperShatter View Post
thats not always true. if u are fighting with any physical carry in close range, u have to keep glacial storm on to avoid getting owned, unless u r sure u can burst him down before he burst u down.

glacial storm gives 20% aoe aspd slow. i was fighting olaf with massive lifesteal 1v1 and only got to kill him with glacial storm on. this holds true against master yi, trynd, and so on.
The ideal situation with Anivia is typically to open with Glacial Storm into a Frostbite, wait a few seconds, then hit with Flash Frost followed by a second Frostbite (with Glacial Storm being left on or turned off at your leisure). What I was seeing Thorn do a lot was Glacial Storm, Frostbite, and then immediately throw Flash Frost as a parting shot (and then somebody else would show up four seconds later and he couldn't use Frostbite again because he had no chills left).

If you find yourself in a situation where you desperately need Flash Frost or Glacial Storm for the CC application alone, then that's a different story, of course.

President Ritsu

11-14-2010

Bump for good luck.

DdThOrN

11-14-2010

thx ^