Low Kill Counts With Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

11-12-2010

Screw kill count. Kills only look at your last hit on a champion. What matters is how much damage did you do overall, and did you stun them at the right time.

My Ryze has absolutely horrific kill count (maximum of 6 in a game where we ended with 40-10). My Karthus killed 7 people in my last game (final score 50-10), Rammus killed 22.
Overall damage--I lead Rammus by about 3 times. But he has 3.5 DoT ticks (2x Sunfire + Tremor, and he can taunt people onto his DBC), so he has a much better chance of landing the killing blow than me. But like I said before--I triple his total damage count, and quadrouple his assist (I was there for every one of his kills, but he usually isn't there when I tank for the rest of my team...as Karthus).

So screw kill count. If you do damage, and the opponents die to your team anyway, then it's good enough. Sure, it's important to be able to finish people off as DPS, but if there are other people who simply were "stealing" your kills (intentionally or not), then don't worry about it. But if you're the only DPS on your team..then it's a real problem.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

Aside from ganks, Ashe should typically net less kills than other carries. Ashe's damage output is much lower than that of other carries for one main reason - she has no steroid. She has no AS boost, no AD boost. Kog has a damage/AS boost, Trist has an AS boost, MF has a damage/AS boost, Ezreal has an AS boost, Corki has armor reduce/true damage. Ashe has Volley and only Volley to buff her damage output, no AS or damage steroids. What she provides as a tradeoff is amazing utility in constant slows and one of the best, if not the single best initiation skill in the game. She's much more supportive of her team than other carries at the cost of mad deeps.

Heliion

11-12-2010

In my opinion get boots and health pots, stay in lane til bf- get infinity and two phantom dancers then win.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

I use Flash/Ghost as summoner spells. Crystal Arrow + Flash to close the distance is almost as fancy as Crystal Arrow + Teleport, and far more efficient. And ghost... well it's ghost. Combined with Hawkshot and wards, ghost makes it almost impossible to gank Ashe in my limited experience. Exhaust would be a close 3rd choice, except that she already has a slow in Frost shot, so the only real benefit is the blind. But since you typically won't be trading shots with anyone, that's almost a non issue.

Thank you all for your feed back. I was mainly wondering if other people were using some sort of special build on Ashe to net her kills, but it seems they are not.

Ajaxanon

11-13-2010

I've grown to learn how to get more kills and kill steals with Ashe instead of just assists. This is not a bad thing since you are a carry. The trick I've learned is to kill steal with a well-timed volley. Simple as that.

Tucked Away

11-13-2010

See, I used to have the same problem as this. Your build will do, it could be better but everything is situational. You may be squishy, but very early game, you need to harass and harass hard. Don't even harass, just kick their faces in. If you can get 2-3 kills early game, it's pretty much over because they will be scared of you. Most ashe's just sit back and try to kite. She's a carry for a reason, play her like one. If you really need survivability, I would go for a frozen mallet just for the extra slow if you're out of mana. I used to go about 3-5-15 or something like that, but now I end up going around 9-1-10 and carrying the team to victory.

hardFAILus

11-13-2010

I think first of all it depends if you are playing mid or not. If you are mid and overleveled you should get kills. But only if games take more than 25 mins. Ashe is pretty item-dependant and it takes some time to take off. But maybe you also have to work on your last-hitting. In most cases you should be able to get Shoes + Brutzalizer on your first return.

I am also surprised that absolutely EVERYONE here says to buy Infinity Edge after brutalizer. Yes it is a very good choice on Ashe and it works with her passive, but it's expensive as hell and it basically massively boosts her first hit in a team-fight, but not so much overall damage if you don't have any attack speed (e.g. berserker greaves). It does not pay off at all if you have take long time for it to built. If you are not able to put it together shortly after you get the BF sword than you are gimping your own damage potential by waiting for it. Putting together a bloodthirster is much cheaper, works very well as well and increases your damage reasonably. Usually enough to get the killy you would not be getting waiting for your Infinity Edge (= more money = more items = more kills)

I think early-game item built should depend on the way game is working out:

Perfect start (lots of money)
Brutalizer --> Boots 1 --> Berserker Greaves (if there is not much AOE or physical damage you have to defend against) --> Infinity Edge

Normal game (you can farm well, but you don't get many early kills)
Brutalizer --> Boots 1 --> Berserker Greaves --> Bloodthirster

Bad game (hard to farm money, early game sucks)
Brutalizer --> Boots 1 --> Berserker Greaves --> Doran's Blades (yes as many as you can buy, gives you good survivability and increases your damage a bit at least) or Doran's Blades --> Boots 1 --> Berserker Greaves --> Brutalizer
Once you got more either buy a BF Sword or sell some of the Doran's blade if you just need a bit more money

I think in early game it is reasonable to stack Doran's Blades additionally to your usual item built in most cases. You are not going to get a cheaper-deal for life-steal, health and damage at the same time. Just sell them once you need the slot for better items and of course don't buy them if you can buy something more useful like your first BF sword.

Runes should be like:
Reds --> Armor Penetration
Blues --> Mana Regeneration
Yellows --> Coldown Reduction
Quintessences --> + 90 Health

And of course 21 in offensive masteries. You want especially want cooldown-reduction and armor penetration. Magic penetration can be skipped (just looked at my last game historys and magical damage I dealt with Ashe was absolutely neglectable)

I like to take ghost/flash for summoner spells. FIrst of all no one is gonna run away from you in early game (even if they have ghost and flash as well) and in team-fights you can play very aggressively and still make your way out.

P.S. As mentioned by other people: Never built a glass-cannon. After boots, brutalizer and your third item you should start getting some defense in most games (at least a negatron cloak if they have heavy magical damage or a chain mail or both)