Akali Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cIedus

11-12-2010

Which runes do you use for akali?

Also please specify if you jungle with her and those said runes.

Thanks!

Also...might as well throw your build in there while you're at it.

I'll start:

Runes: I don't have a ton, but what I'm working towards.

-Flat hp quints,
-magic penetration red (cept 3 ad marks for the passive)
....and then idk? do you get flat ability power or maybe some more magic penetration?

my build:

I used to get rageblade but I decided 15 minutes ago to ditch it.
but now..
Dorans
Boots
Sheen
Rylais
Sheen>Lichbane
Z-ring.

you guys?

Rhipteo

11-12-2010

I was going to post about this same thing, but then you did, so I'll just respond here.

I see a lot of other posts where people base their runes around activating her passives at level 1. If your jungling - I completely understand. If not, I don't get it.

Your wasting your runes for something you could have had in a few levels anyway. For lower levels, 1-5 your spell vamp isn't netting you much at all, and the extra 12% damage on your melee strikes is insignificant. At higher levels it's much more effective, but I just don't see gimping my end game to buff my level 1-5.

Right now I'm using AP, energy regen, +max enegry runes. I don't ever see these talked about, so mabye there's some math out there somewhere that I'm missing, but the extra energy is useful the entire game. Ninjas don't have mana, they are limited instead by energy. If they have energy, they can kill. So for me, I'm using what I can to have more energy and kill more.

Naphtal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-12-2010

you can proc the innate with just 2 damage marks. runes can be tricky for akali. you can go for 3 AP quints along w/ AP/lvl glyphs to activare the 2nd part of the innate at level 3. or go for some energy runes. i know some may disagree with me but i have seen energy runes give a nice kick to akali since she eats energy quite quickly
i highly suggest you go for the rageblade. it is one of the most cost efficient items in-game with tons of AP AD and AS for a small price. and since you can easily reach max stacks in like 5-6seconds its well worth it.
i disagree with getting a sheen. since the recent change to it its much harder to proc now. akali needs to rush items to be effective. wasting cash on an item which gives mana is ill advised. it is however beneficial to get a lich AFTER securing some decent AP items. rylais is a great item and there is no doubt in that. getting rylais after a ginsoo would be great.

Rhipteo

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naphtal View Post
i disagree with getting a sheen. since the recent change to it its much harder to proc now. akali needs to rush items to be effective. wasting cash on an item which gives mana is ill advised. it is however beneficial to get a lich AFTER securing some decent AP items. rylais is a great item and there is no doubt in that. getting rylais after a ginsoo would be great.
Sheen is a huge source of burst damage. At level 4 with 10 AD (from activating your passive), you should have 75 damage. Your mark should be level 2, which is doing 75 damage too. So you chuck it at someone, does 75. It also activated sheen, so now you melee for 75, activates the mark for 75 and sheen procs for 75. That's a lot of damage very suddenly at level 4. Then you drop smokescreen, a second or two later Q is off cooldown and you do it again. I don't know how many times I've killed people like this for early kills.

To get the same results with AP, you would have to have 120 AP. (Sheen's +25 damage is giving you +10 damage on the initial hit, +10 on the trigger and +75 on it's proc, total of 95 damage). Therefore to get 95 damage in straight ap you need 120 ap to give you 48 damage on the initial hit and 48 damage on the proc. So you could spend 3200 on 2 rods, or 1260 for sheen.

Your going to buy lichbane anyway, take the AP and extra damage in the meantime. 1260 is not expensive at all.