[FEATURED] Behavior Alerts - Nudging players back on track

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obizzle

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I bolded something you said that was odd. You've filed about 155 reports in 200 games, which is an insanely high number so I'm not sure why you would suggest you never report anyone else. I've taken a look at other account metrics and you should figure this out with Player Support instead of derailing this thread.
I have bolded something you said that was odd. If you actually read his post he stated that.
"All my tribunal cases, people played bad or make their own mistakes and yet I didn't report any of them for playing bad or simply press report like they did to me."

He never stated he doesn't report people, he merely stated he doesn't report people for being unskilled or simply press report. If you looked over his cases many of them resulted in him being punished for absolutely nothing. He had said nothing the entire game (not responding to the people harassing him) nor was he negative for a few of the games.

NeonSp4rk

05-18-2013

bull...play games on bronze or silver on daily basis and then comeback telling us its just a 1-2% thing. If you don't want to step up and ban the trolls just tell us. Dont bull s - us.

Cathulion

05-18-2013

Will you get a Behavior Alert if you get reported by ragers who report anyone for any reason?(Not legit reasons)

What about by 4man premade players? Those are the most toxic, dangerous to the 5th person everytime -.-

DarkLurksInWater

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeGently View Post
I'd rather Riot admit (No explanation needed, we know why you ****ers do it.) the ban was unjust and overturn it. They only respond to bans that are clearly deserved and just ignore and shut down any that are remotely questionable.

What? No. Riot didn't **** the rug with the tribunal. It works perfectly. Pardon them a moment, they need to drag off another body.
I feel the need to remind you that riot doesn't ban people.. summoners do. Riot sets the rules for the banning, but it's up to SEVERAL summoners to punish or pardon reported people.. also, it takes several reports to ban an individual. You can't tailor-make these systems to every single case out there.. so it isn't perfect. But it's the best damn system i've seen in years of online gaming.. don't go blaming Riot for things out of their control.

xUncreative

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2013

any timeframe on when this might be implemented besides just "in a furture patch"? i think its a really good idea

Bramus51

05-19-2013

Yay !

omgthisnamesux

05-19-2013

I think the behavioral analysis work that Lyte and team is doing, is very interesting stuff.

However, I think there is far too much focus on addressing the behavioral outcome of issues, instead of addressing the systemic issues that cause problems within the game.

Now - I understand there are out of game triggers that may cause players to lash out (i.e. rough day at work, fight with the girlfriend etc..). I understand the need to be able to "nudge" these people who may lash out non-habitually back onto the right course.

I don't believe though that these out of game triggers outweigh the number of in-game triggers that cause most people to rage. Thus, work and dev resources are being wasted on a sub-set of the population - instead of addressing systemic issues that address the entire population.

Again - I think the work the behavioral team is doing is interesting. It just seems like the team has no leadership, and isn't driving towards a vision; instead I imagine in a very wack-a-mole fashion, the team has roundtables/meetings - someone comes up with an interesting idea and the team burns cycles and dev work on it - without taking a step back and looking at the big picture.

Admittedly I could be completely off base, and Lyte and Co's hands could be tied, and their work limited to behavioral modification - while someone else is on task to address systemic issues within the gaming system. I know in most companies this falls under the Support Director, in which case Rich or whomever is heading up support and the customer experience needs to re-align their focus.

Obizzle

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgthisnamesux View Post
I think the behavioral analysis work that Lyte and team is doing, is very interesting stuff.
Admittedly I could be completely off base, and Lyte and Co's hands could be tied, and their work limited to behavioral modification - while someone else is on task to address systemic issues within the gaming system. I know in most companies this falls under the Support Director, in which case Rich or whomever is heading up support and the customer experience needs to re-align their focus.
It is a stretch to state the team is doing anything close to behavior modification. That implies they are using strategies based off the theories of behavior analysis. As far as I know none of the "behavioral" team has any extended education in this approach.
Lyte has specialties in cog. neuoroscience and cog. psychology, neither of which focus on changing behavior through the manipulation of the environment.

Iifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2013

Does this mean once someone is reported, they WILL get a nudge? Because I feel like I have been reported a few times by my teammates in the past few weeks or so but haven't seen a nudge yet; are we guaranteed a "nudge" before a ban?

MrBubbIes0

05-20-2013

How are the real reports get filtered out of the false reports that the typical trolls / ragers dish out ???

Example :
- Player A is an average player. Doesn't make the big plays but keeps his mouth shut and tries his best in game.
- Player A has a series of bad game where he gets outplayed, outmatched or w/e and always ends up with negative score despite trying as much as he can.

- Player X is the typical wannabe pro that exists in every game, who blames everything and everyone except him self.
- Player X repeatedly reports Player A for intentional feeding / negative attitude / assisting enemy team.

- Player A piles up on reports and gets warned and eventually banned ?

Enlighten us pls.