[FEATURED] Behavior Alerts - Nudging players back on track

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qeynos

07-10-2013

This is such a pointless bit of code. It is a neat idea, but actually proves nothing. Trying to use a algorithm to substitute for actual mature human judgement is a pathetic attempt to automated behavior correction.

A player that has 300 "teamwork" marks and then gets one report for negative attitude would be considered a severe spike in negative behavior.

Nontowfoo

07-10-2013

Baby can't you see?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU

serpeantlol

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soezin View Post

How do people report you for trying to win the game?
I just got reported for harassing because I was trying to teach my teammates what to do since they arent capable of carrying the game themselves. They get butthurt and reported me because I was right.
+1

LOL players in NA are soft if calling them a NOOB is a bannable offense, especially if the cap fits...

ohmargerhd

07-10-2013

this is great but i think lots of people just like to troll, and make new acc for the prupose of antagonizing new players i would like top see a stop to this please

Balchord

07-11-2013

Ok, so these alerts and reports pop up in real time? Cause I was just alerted that I had "verbally abused" someone and was reported for it after disusing, rational and polity, in a way which the rest of the team agreed with, what play behaviors a player should change. Having reported him for refusing to acknowledge this, I immediately receive a report notice. Now I have to fear a statistic looking at some toxic player reporting me for sharing or communicating in team play, and yeah like you said there is one is so very many of the games, that I should speak up as a leader and fellow player in the league. All this does is dissuade me from talking to said players, which means some one being nasty can bully as often as they want, get banned, and run back through a free account to bully again, and I can say nothing. Or even lacking maliciousness, this magical guy who got yelled at at work, coming on and having no temperance at the time takes out his bad day on me, but I can say nothing, for fear of both a highly biased tribunal and now an ever looking numerical overlord.
So now people know when you report them, and can immediately report you in turn, AND you now receive a notice telling you that you are a bad boy, seems like negative reinforcement, and you talk about trends and statics analyses, negative reinforcement is only going to cause people to have a bad day and worsen behavior, with zero positive effect.

OddShots

07-11-2013

To people complaining about being "unfairly picked on" because they were a little "upset". You don't get banned for being grumpy. You get banned for being a jerk. Think of it this way,if you said what you say ingame to someone in real life,they break your nose,then you were overboard. It's a game,and people trying to make excuses about being "not deserving of a ban because i didn't say much!" needs to grow up. Just be glad it's in a game and you don't get to play for a couple days instead of ending up in an ER getting your nose straightened because you "didn't say much"

FreshZzZ

07-11-2013

cool, its like a 3 strike system.

Pee On Me Elmo

07-11-2013

I just got a behavioral alert for negative attitude...now I'm going to be grossly positive to get back at all the people who reported me. Killing them with kindness.

BGB EagleEye

07-11-2013

He everyone - I seem to have an issue with the reporting system and if anyone can offer me some sort of explanation it would be great.
Backstory is basically I like to play League and I communicate with my team often. I am always well mannered, saying good job to both teams if people are doing well - ie an enemy jungler is doing a very good job ganking I will tell him I think he is playing very well. People often complain at me as I am not a great player - I accept this - and I just respond by asking them how getting at people helps the team and if they have nothing nice to say dont say it.
I often get honourable opponent and honors from the team however I also keep getting the warnings.
It honestly seems to me that people report me when I do not do great or when I tell them kindly to stop being so toxic.
Anyway if anyone can let me know what im doing wrong - or how to solve my reporting issue it would be great.

(ps) I go on the Tribunal daily and just want to make the game a nicer place however I am starting to lose faith

DarkDevilDjinn

07-11-2013

Hmm... Just reading this alone kind of inspired me to be more sportsmanlike. I guess that ripple effect does really make sense, or putting into consideration how others real-life situations could be going. I suppose trying to be 'cool-headed' or be 'the bigger person' and just dropping little arguments or ignoring little comments could make games go smoother, and stabilize communication during matches. Gotta admit... We've all had those days or moments in league, where you've got into an argument or fight during a match, and all the witty insults come, and the bomb words, and somebody called somebody else "kid", and or degraded them, and or related their play to how they are bad as an individual themselves. It's all really silly, and unneeded harassment. : S- But still. That 92% of Neutral/Positive is actually pretty morale boosting. To think that not many have completely stooped so low as the 1% that freely reign their harassment and negative impact on others, only to ruin their experiences. Keep up the good work Riot Staff.