Win EVERY time you dont even have to be good!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BelowMe

12-05-2009

Just get alistar gangplank sivir ashe and trist together with 5 promotes 4 rallys and a heal you dont have to even play the game just get sivir to 6 pop all your promote and gg you win in 12 minutes. Riot I hope you fix this.

Pigsticker

12-05-2009

I agree. A five promote team doesn't need to be good.

Their opponents just need to be bad.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

hello fortify

fortify > promote

one fortify won't necesarily beat 5 promotes, but it takes less fortifies to negate promote than the reverse.

BelowMe

12-05-2009

I dont know if this was more fail on the fact that promote strat is viable no matter what your skill level or the queing system throwing 5 solos queued people vs a promote premade

mospeed

12-05-2009

I think the biggest problem with the strat is that the matchmaking system thinks that it's okay to put these premades against solo queuers.

Drvanilla

12-05-2009

I usually take fortify now just because of this strategy popping up so often. I mean, I tried it and used it once but it made me feel bad because it took absolutely no skill to pull off. It was the equivilent of using the Halo Covenant sword in a 6 foot x 6 foot x 6 foot box... It just required no skill :[

Pigsticker

12-05-2009

GOD I LOVE IT!! >.<

First game after I made that reply, I get matched up against a 5 man promote team!

I can only assume its the one you played:

1stLuxury - Alistar
Nasry - Ashe
RammuCoo - Gangplank
Kairess - Sivir
ISthelove - Tristana

Sound familiar? We were all pugs and didn't have a single Fortify on our team, and we stomped them: 48-14. It wasn't even close.

They got two of our middles towers down pretty early but they couldn't do anything during the team fights. They were not very good players, and it was clear they were depending on this strat to win because their skillshots were terrible and their judgement even worse.

I'm not even very good with Annie (or with any char for that matter) and I went 11-0-12.

Btw, I took screenshots of the game but I don't see a folder for them in the Riot directory. Where would they be getting saved to?

EDIT: Its small.. dont know why. But I don't rly care enough to fix it.

Rectal Necrosis

12-05-2009

All I can say is "LOL"

BelowMe

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsticker View Post
GOD I LOVE IT!! >.<

First game after I made that reply, I get matched up against a 5 man promote team!

I can only assume its the one you played:

1stLuxury - Alistar
Nasry - Ashe
RammuCoo - Gangplank
Kairess - Sivir
ISthelove - Tristana

Sound familiar? We were all pugs and didn't have a single Fortify on our team, and we stomped them: 48-14. It wasn't even close.
Yes it is the same team I ran into them twice tonight with one game in between the second time it was much closer. But in the end they won again. Honestly not a single one of them has any skill to speak of but that promote thing got me and my other solo queuers again+

Ligr

12-06-2009

I went today with a group on vent for a 5 man promote strategy.

The rundown:

Against pugs who don't have even the basic teamplay, on the level of "o wtf 5 peeps mid lane with 5 promotes, wtf whatever I will stay in my lane", the game ends in 12 minutes. Chances are, such teams would lose anyway in a "normal" game, so I am not discussing this one. We played about 6-7 games total, and 2 games went like this. This is the matchmaking that has the fault.

Against pugs who are halfway decent, the strategy has about a 40% chance to work. It all depends on which champions and skills the other team has.

Against another premade who has their stuff together, this strategy will almost always fail, regardless of champions. The reason being, it's a huge risk to run a 5 man promote run. First of all, you teleport back at around level 3. By that time, the solo mid player is very close to level 6. So, you run as a 5 man team down the mid lane. You have to focus towers, because if you aim at champions you die. It's pretty much a suicide run, and there is so much that an enemy team can do against it. And, if you fail this first rush, it's pretty much gg, because the other team is ahead on levels, gold, and if you fail hard, on kills.

If you want to try this, take strong aoe/heal champions. We went with malphite,soraka,ashe,nassus,gankplank. 5 promotes, 2 rallies, 3 heals. Like I said, it's just about using the game mechanics, and any halfway decent(even pug) team can break this and completely roflstomp the 5 man promote group. I think that out of 6-7 games, we lost 2, finished 2 in under 13 minutes, and the other ones went longer, because of the complete slaughter on both sides.

The pugs usually said "bg, cheaters" because they think we somehow abused the tactics. Other premades actually found it fun, because it changes the game flow, and it's a new challenge. I enjoyed this, but I probably won't be doing it for too long, because it's only fun for so much before it gets stale. And I can't see how this strat can possibly work in high elo games.