Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Amumu - The Sad Mummy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kenkuso

07-25-2010

Hey,
very nice guide man. But I think Rylai´s Scepter is better than a Frozen Mallet. It gives you a bit AP and this slow is better than the slow from Frozen Mallet, because you have an AE slow with Rylai´s Scepter when you use Tantrum by way of example. What do you think about?

(sorry for my bad english)

Bobahz

07-25-2010

Quote:
Kenkuso:
Hey,
very nice guide man. But I think Rylai´s Scepter is better than a Frozen Mallet. It gives you a bit AP and this slow is better than the slow from Frozen Mallet, because you have an AE slow with Rylai´s Scepter when you use Tantrum by way of example. What do you think about?

(sorry for my bad english)

Hey, very nice thread ressurection
JFYI: Ryla Scepter gives AOE slow on Despair, so you have slow aura

Dwarfling

07-25-2010

This guide is outdated (Tantrum needing hits) and uses items that are not good (Philosopher Stone) or not good on Amumu (Warmog, Mallet and Tabi).

Let it die. Even better, could we get this out of the Guide Directory or put an outdated tag on it?

I think someone published a decent Amumu guide recently but I lost it since search is disabled.

Lynxion

07-25-2010

No, just no. Philosopher's Stone? Frozen Mallet? WARMOG'S? TWO sunfires? Just stop playing.

jokull

07-25-2010

i personally like banshees veil- merc or ninja boots- rylais-abyssal scepter- sunfire cape- whatever else you want( i almost never get here but i enjoy a second sunfire, its always fun)

a very aggressive amumu build, but it works wonders, mr reduc from abyssal plus cursed touch destroys anyone that hasnt stacked mr, rylais allows your tears to slow, you have enough ap that tears also do as much as bloodrazor every second, basically the entire enemy team spends teamfights slowed just enough to be really really annoying.

BrokenHeartVerse

07-25-2010

After reading this guide I'm confused, does dodge count as an attack for Tantrum (in order to decrease its cooldown) or not?

LegendaryCaoCao

07-25-2010

Quote:
Ragnoros:
Just went 0-12-1 with this build, it's so awesome.

Naw, it just demonstrated that Rammus is amazingly better then Amumu. Like by a factor of a million.

Was going to post a screenshot, but it didn't save.

That's very unfortunate to hear. Rammus is one of the first I started to use and don't get me wrong he's great...but Amumu is better. He doesn't have the taunt, but Rammus doesn't have the damage output.

Wolfsark

07-26-2010

personally I have had success doing a different build using amumu. I get 0/21/9 for masteries and magic resist reds/dodge yellows/cooldown reduction blues. I usually get cleanse and ghost for summoner spells.
At the start of the game I buy a Mekhi Pendant and 2 health potions.
I try to stay in the action until I am able to go back to the base and get tier 1 boots and upgrade the pendant to a Chalice of Harmony. I like this item because it basically solves your mana problems for the whole game and gives a small amount of magic resist.
Next I upgrade my boots to move 3 boots since amumu really needs to be at close range to be effective and to traverse the map effectively.
I then buy a Heart of Gold. This gives constant gold as well as a nominal health and armor increase. It can also be upgraded to randuin's omen later.
With the increased gold from Heart and a little bit of farming I start on getting my 2 sunfire capes. Having 2 combined with his despair and tantrum lets you really punish your enemies that you catch with your ult so your carries can finish them off.
After the 2 sunfires I upgrade my Heart of Gold into Randuin's Omen. This item was pretty much made specifically for amumu. It gives you a good array of tanking stats, cooldown reduction and an activated aoe slow. It is really great to hit randuin's right as your ult is wearing off to slow everyone affected by it allowing you to do even more aoe damage and making it easier for your carries to clean up kills.
This build takes a pretty long time to accomplish but it REALLY pays off in the late game once it is complete.

Dwarfling

07-26-2010

This is what I've been using so far:

Sapphire Crystal + 2HP
Catalyst the Protector
Boots1
Giant's Belt / Mercury's Threads / Chain Vest (judging by current money on B and who I'm laning against)
Sunfire Cape
Banshee's Veil (it's only 1390g from Catalyst and you have Sunfire for farming)
Abyssal Scepter / Sunfire Cape (judging what the biggest threat is)
Abyssal Scepter / Sunfire Cape (whatever I didn't get before)
Last item, dunno, doesn't matter much

I used to get Rylai's but now I don't think it's worth spending so much money for the 15% slow since you can get the damage and the HP from a Sunfire. And really, you don't need a slow at initiation which is what your team needs you for, not as a chaser. Used to consider Thornmail but resorted to additional Sunfires since a DPS can ignore you if he sees Thornmail, but Sunfire's damage cannot be avoided as easily and it gives armor+HP. Used to build Chalice, but with 0/0/13, Catalyst and Golem every now and then I find myself without mana issues and I have more HP and a way into Banshee in the trade-off.

EDIT: This is for a lane start.

Morbented

07-28-2010

www.stacksunfirecapes.com (http://www.stacksunfirecapes.com)

if only this was an actual website